Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Fantastik Quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fantastik-quilting-t143654.html)

GrannieAnnie 08-08-2011 01:53 PM

So, I'm sewing HappyNana's 30's brown, pink and lime green strips together. Work a little, rest a little. And I've got a white plastic folding table that I use for a sewing table. I try my best to keep the different sets of strips (4 strips from choice of 5 prints) a bit different. And as usual I'm keeping a cheat sheet with a lead pencil on the white table, to tic off the strip combos.

To the right of the sewing machine I've got my pressing area-------paper and a couple table cloths for a sewing pad. And I've got an old Windex bottle with water to spritz the strips when I'm ready to press.

Now in order not to confuse myself, I write a couple strip set colors down, make them and then clean the notes off the table.

So, I'm on strip set #6 or 7 and I just spritzed the strip and thought that it sure smelled louder than it ought to.

WELL, I GUESS SO! I JUST SPRITZED ONE STRIP SET WITH FANTASTIK. Okay, it didn't hurt the fabric one bit because I realized it was cleaner before I ironed. So, it went to the bathroom sink, got some soap, and went out to the deck fence for a quick dry (in 90 degree sun!)

This quilting kicks out a new experience at least once a month. Makes for good stories, if nothing else.

plainpat 08-08-2011 01:59 PM

LOL...I agree. Some funny things happen.Once I looked & looked for a sack with 2 yds of fabric in it.Knew I bought it & came right home.Told my hub he must of tossed it when he unloaded groceries from car.
The next morn, off I went to get another bit of same fabric.
Got home,reached for the bag that was 1/2 off the seat & yep...there was the 1st bag.He still reminds me when I accuse him of losing something :)

GrannieAnnie 08-08-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
LOL...I agree. Some funny things happen.Once I looked & looked for a sack with 2 yds of fabric in it.Knew I bought it & came right home.Told my hub he must of tossed it when he unloaded groceries from car.
The next morn, off I went to get another bit of same fabric.
Got home,reached for the bag that was 1/2 off the seat & yep...there was the 1st bag.He still reminds me when I accuse him of losing something :)

my hubby unloads the trunk. The inside of the car is MINE--in case I need to sneak anything.lol

But I still misplace stuff all the time. I did get smart a while back and now small stuff like thread goes in a small sack and into my purse before leaving a store.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-08-2011 04:46 PM

How funny! I just wrote about attaching binding to a quilt top- forgot the whole batting, backing and quilting! LOL :D:D
Maybe the heat is getting to us haha

amma 08-08-2011 04:46 PM

LOL This sounds like something that I would do :D:D:D

Chicca 08-08-2011 04:51 PM

So right you are a new experience every day! Thank you for sharing such a delightful story.