Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Fibro flare up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fibro-flare-up-t61985.html)

littlehud 08-29-2010 03:25 PM

It must be something in the air. My hands and legs are hurting so bad the last few days. I hate it when I feel like this.

craftybear 08-29-2010 03:25 PM

you will be in my thoughts and prayers, no fun when we don't feel good, take care of yourself

roseOfsharon 08-29-2010 03:27 PM

Aww , so sorry you are feeling poorly, but happy to hear you were able to go and stick out the party for your GD and that the purse was a hit!! Feel better soon.

blahel 08-29-2010 05:27 PM

I hope you feel better soon..how often do you get flareups? Do you just hurt all over or do you get swelling? How long does a flareup last?

blahel 08-29-2010 05:27 PM

forgot so say gorgeous bag! :thumbup:

Ditter43 08-29-2010 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by blahel
I hope you feel better soon..how often do you get flareups? Do you just hurt all over or do you get swelling? How long does a flareup last?

Fortunately, since I started taking Cymbalta, my flareups aren't as often and usually milder in all ways. Sudden changes in weather seem to affect me as does over doing things. My main symptoms are pain, but this time it started about a week ago with my eyes burning a lot and not sleeping well.This painful part can last from a couple of days to months.But,like I said, with the medication it is usually no more then a week or so. In the meantime, I try to just keep going with more rest periods then usual..... :wink:

Minnisewta 08-30-2010 11:13 AM

I'm glad you were able to go and enjoy the day. I know it's hard when you hurt, it takes all your energy.

Diannia 08-30-2010 01:36 PM

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well but it sounds like you had a good time and no one was the wiser. I went to the dr. today and she thinks I may have fibro too. She wants me to get blood work done as well as xrays to rule out other things too. All I know is I hurt almost all the time in different parts of my body but that it changes along with the type of pain, it hurts like a bruise or worse to touch places on my body that others say don't hurt them and I don't sleep well, and feel tired alot. Well see what the outcome is.

Mariposa 08-30-2010 01:45 PM

I feel for you! Today my "fibro fog" is pretty heavy, but I am pressing forward!
Glad you made it through the day and were able to rest later. Hope your tomorrow is better! :)

Riversong 08-30-2010 01:56 PM

Wonder if its the seasonal changes?? I feel like a bus hit me. Can barely walk. I have that eye burning too. Oh well, I guess I shouldnt complain,at least its not a deadly disease,although you feel like you are dying at times!!!Hugs to all my forum sisters who have this!!!