Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Final Episode???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/final-episode-t241983.html)

Roberta 02-26-2014 10:19 AM

I know we were shocked. It seems like we've only viewed 4 episodes of this latest season and now it's over.
I thought the picture of Mrs. Hughes and and. the head butler, for the life of me I can't remember his name, walking into the water was precious. DH said "I bet those two get together". You think !

Roberta 02-26-2014 10:21 AM

And I thought I missed episodes as well. When did Lady Edith give birth? Did I miss an episode because last I remembered she was trying to decide what to do about the baby. I do tend to nod off after 8 PM :-)

MarleneC 02-26-2014 10:12 PM

[QUOTE=ManiacQuilter2;6596224]They are currently filming season 5. It will probably start showing in the US next January. I thought the ending was a bit odd with those two characters walking in the cold Atlantic ocean !! NO drama there !!

I always felt there was more to the relationship of those two characters but they are all so proper to not act on their feelings. Will we ever know if Mr. Bates killed the character that raped his wife. I would love to see the downfall of that character (Mr. Brooks?) who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time and blackmails the other servants or even the family members. And, I wish that Edith would just face up to being a mother.

ljptexas 02-27-2014 05:14 AM

I know, I know! Was also shocked that this was last until next yr. I didn't miss a show & seems like Edith went off to France, had baby, was adopted out? Did I miss something?

Nammie to 7 02-27-2014 07:21 AM

I just started watching this series on DVD -- thank you to Joan for loaning it to me!!

cindi 02-27-2014 07:46 AM

If you've not seen the final episode, THIS REPLY CONTAINS POSSIBLE SPOILERS, so please do not continue reading! (Always polite to warn people, I say :) )

Originally Posted by ljptexas (Post 6599036)
I know, I know! Was also shocked that this was last until next yr. I didn't miss a show & seems like Edith went off to France, had baby, was adopted out? Did I miss something?

You didn't miss anything....remember when Edith's Aunt Rosamund told Lady Crawley she was going to Switzerland and wanted to take Edith (episode 8)? That's when she went and had the baby. Then the show picks up in the last episode 6 months later just after they're back from Switzerland.

I, too, was surprised that the last episode had aired! But at least they've left some juicy tidbits for next year. What is Baxter's secret? How will Edith justify going to the farmer's house all the time to see the baby? Did Bates kill Green? Will Carson and Mrs. Hughes become an item?? Now that Ivy as gone to America, will Alfred realize he should've loved Daisy all along and come crawling back to her?

oksewglad 02-27-2014 10:01 AM

And let's not forget Mrs. Crawley's new male friend, Lord whatever, who I think is Granny's illegitimate son. Remember how she was so understanding with Edith's "predicament". Yup this is why, IMHO.