Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Finally! It's snowing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/finally-its-snowing-t274613.html)

marge954 01-17-2016 07:39 AM

Finally! It's snowing!

We finally have our winter weather in NC. It's snowing beautifully and the best part is it's to warm to stick! Of course I've been sitting in the rocking chair drinking coffee and watching the flakes drift down. Eventually I need to get up and get into the quilting cave. When we retire in 4 years we are looking to head to the mountains of Virginia and I do wonder if I will then get tired of snow. Nah, don't think so!

ManiacQuilter2 01-17-2016 08:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I am happy if you are happy. December 31, 2014 it snowed unexpectedly where I live. I was NOT delighted with the couple of inches that fell in front of my apt. It was suppose to snow in Las Vegas. Buildings in So CA are not built for frigid temperatures.

quiltin-nannie 01-17-2016 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I take this same picture every year. I don't know why, it's always the same! And life goes on, no school cancellations, no store closings, just another day in the neighborhood![ATTACH=CONFIG]540390[/ATTACH]

quiltingcandy 01-17-2016 10:12 AM

Oh my! It snows in our near by mountains, but I live a mile (as the crow flies) from the bay, so we never get snow. We go to Yosemite when we need a snow fix.

Tartan 01-17-2016 10:33 AM

I love to watch snow fall and how the whole world looks fresh and new! I love it right up until I need to shovel the car out, clear the driveway yet again after the snowplow and can't get my frozen car doors open.

Sandra in Minnesota 01-17-2016 11:02 AM

How about -14 degrees F. We have snow too!

marge954 01-17-2016 12:29 PM

I'm living vicariously through you guys!! Love the snow pictures and quiltin-nannie you cracked me up. I can't even imagine -14 degrees, the heating bill must be as large as the national debt!

dotcomdtcm 01-17-2016 12:45 PM

We are getting the first flurries of the winter! Not enough to make a fuss about.
Bet the kids are already clamoring for a snow day- no way!! Dotty in Wonderful NYC

Jingle 01-17-2016 05:31 PM

We have had just a couple of snow dustings this winter. It is really cold but, will warm up during the week. We are having a warmer winter. I am sure we will get a colder, snowier one in the next few winters. Weather always changes.

kathdavis 01-17-2016 11:21 PM

This morning we woke up to about an inch and a half of snow. The temperature was 2 degrees but felt like -14 with wind chill. It was only to get up to 12 degrees today. The snow was light and fluffy and I was able to sweep it off the walk with some work, but husband had to shovel the driveway. It was cold out there and my finger tips went numb pretty fast. Then we had to head to our former house to sweep and shovel because the realtor was holding an open house today. Tomorrow we are headed for a heat wave with a high of 25. Then snow is coming back on Tuesday. UGH!

I'm tired of winter already! The only thing I'm hoping for is possibly a snow day at school on Tuesday!