Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Finished planting the flower gardens... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/finished-planting-flower-gardens-t46841.html)

mamaw 05-23-2010 11:47 AM

Beautiful!!! My gardens are so overrun with lupines this year, I just don't know where to start. They have strong roots, and I just know I will ruin the other plants they are smothering if I try to dig them up. Any suggestions??

Darlene 05-23-2010 12:07 PM

Everything looks so pretty and tasteful.

clem55 05-23-2010 12:48 PM

It must be so relaxing to stroll around your yard. Everything looks so pretty. I love the orange iris!!

Jim's Gem 05-23-2010 01:09 PM

Your gardens are gorgeous Karla!!!!
and your photo's are spectacular, you are an artist with that camera!!!
Thanks for sharing.

Janetlmt 05-23-2010 01:20 PM

Your gardens are beautiful...and you take such wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Deecee 05-23-2010 01:20 PM

You must love being in your gardens - beautiful and relaxing. (After you have finished all the weeding the planting of course.)

barnbum 05-23-2010 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by mamaw
Beautiful!!! My gardens are so overrun with lupines this year, I just don't know where to start. They have strong roots, and I just know I will ruin the other plants they are smothering if I try to dig them up. Any suggestions??

Lupines actually have one long tap root, so digging them up may not bother other plants.

barnbum 05-23-2010 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
It must be so relaxing to stroll around your yard. Everything looks so pretty. I love the orange iris!!

You must love being in your gardens - beautiful and relaxing. (After you have finished all the weeding the planting of course.)
Well--there's rarely any strolling going on. :lol: There's always something to do. I like to post photos so I can sit down! I picked great days to work on it because it's been windy to keep the bugs at bay.

Now that it's all planted, I'll try to keep dead-heading to keep blooms coming, and I'll weed it from one end to the other at least three times this summer, but once I start for school in Sept--the garden is left. It's hard to work everything in!

Last year my daughter suggested I plant MORE gardens since I loved it so, I told her I felt I had too much to plant and weed now and more would definitely tip the scales away from the joyful side. :wink:

gaigai 05-23-2010 11:23 PM

Ahhh, Spring! We don't have it here. Thanks for sharing. :P

sewcrafty 05-24-2010 04:57 AM

Beautifully done!! Just getting a lot of my annuals in. Perinnals are doing well though. Working on my d*** lawn for the 4 season in a row. My other house out in the country had a beautiful lawn, no weeds - nothing but beautiful thick grass. This house, OH MY LORD!!! Nothing but weeds, can't get grass to grow. UGH!!! I just hate the idea of mowing weeds!!! :lol: :lol: Drives me nuts.