Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   First Snow/Blizzard of the Year (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/first-snow-blizzard-year-t208882.html)

EllieGirl 12-20-2012 11:17 AM

First Snow/Blizzard of the Year

It started raining last night. By 11:00 a.m. It was sleeting. Now we have blizzard conditions and about four inches of snow and it's still coming down. All the area schools closed.

TnBecky 12-20-2012 11:31 AM

I'm sure it is beautiful, but be safe. I have a website that I watch about the Eagles nest in Decorah & saw that they had snow this morning. Have a Merry Christmas. :)

Gladygirl 12-20-2012 12:39 PM

We are in the process of digging out from the 13 inches of snow we got overnight near Des Moines, Ia. The guy who plows the driveway broke down so won't be here til tomorrow but we don't have anywhere to go so don't really care--just want to get my fingers and toes warm again. The wind is still blowing up to 50MPH but at least the snow has stopped coming down. Had lots of lightning and thunder during the snowstorm last night. The clothesline had 3 inches of snow built up around it--perfectly round. Beautiful but dangerous with all the tree limbs breaking off. At least we still have power to keep warm.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 12-20-2012 01:02 PM

Nothing but rain here in central Illinois. It's all supposed to go north of us. My BIL spent 3 hours digging out his car in Omaha this morning.

Jingle 12-20-2012 01:58 PM

Just some rain, cold and horrendous winds.

barny 12-20-2012 02:02 PM

We just had wind. We have the air cond. on during the day and heater on when it gets dark, then turn heat off to go to sleep and fan on then. wow! I don't know what to do next.

dakotamaid 12-20-2012 02:45 PM

I'm in south central Nebraska and yesterday we had winds up to 45 mph and lots of snow. Today we dug out from 8 inches of the stuff. It is beautiful right now, sunshine and no wind at all.!!

Jan in VA 12-20-2012 09:23 PM

It's coming our way we're told....Cold, high winds, rain tonight, flurries tomorrow (Friday). And yes, of course, I have to be out in it to take mother to physical therapy for her shoulder. :thumbdown:

Been following all of you who have been hit with this first biggie and all the road mess. That 25 car pileup in Iowa, I believe, was pretty horrific by the pictures. Please be safe QBees!

Jan in VA

erstan947 12-21-2012 07:42 AM

I just had to steal this.....The weather guys across the country are talking about 10 inches of snow. I'm over here in Louisiana like, "What pair of shorts should I wear on Christmas day?"

maryb119 12-21-2012 09:07 AM

Yes it was a bad storm for the first one this winter. The wind was terrible. The news said we got 11.8 inches of snow! Some roads are still blocked but the sun is shining and people are digging out. i am staying in the house and on the quilting board. It's warm here! ;)