Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   floppy arm thingy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/floppy-arm-thingy-t132748.html)

AlwaysQuilting 06-25-2011 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
I have my Grandmother's arms... I don't look good, but I have come to the conclusion that most of the others don't either.
I will only wear shorts at home...but, I will wear a decent tank top....I'm not going to suffer in the heat because someone doesn't want to look at my wiggly arms.

me too! when it gets hot and sticky I put on tank tops and above the knee shorts. Horrors!! But if the teenagers can go around showing their underwear then I can show my wiggly thighs and arms. :)

kuntryquilter 06-25-2011 03:40 AM

I call mine 'water wings'

damaquilts 06-25-2011 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by nyelphaba
When I was a child I used to tease my Grandma about her upside down muscles- now I have them. Not as funny as when Grandma had them. I guess what goes around comes around.

This is funny because my eldest told her grandmother one day she had down muscles. Cracked us all up for years. Mom told the story on herself because they were alone at the time. Now I have down muscles and also don't like them flopping around. I try to stay in short sleeves. I always hated wearing shorts after I had kids so mostly sweated all summer. A few years ago after surgery when I couldn't wear pants at all I "discovered" dresses. Nice and cool and I can make them any length I want ditto the sleeves.

Mimmis57 06-25-2011 05:21 AM

I agree with the pelican analogy! I also have an ugly skin tag under my right flap that I keep hidden!

jhoward 06-25-2011 05:29 AM

Even young girls have that flap going on, just watch the royalty in a parade waving! May not be as bad as some of ours, but it flaps......poor girls do not have any idea what their arms will look like in 20 years....I'm going to tell them.

MaryAnnMc 06-25-2011 05:36 AM

Oh, I've reached that stage, too. I play in a handbell choir at church, and when we were discussing tops to wear for performances, someone made the comment that we need to wear 3/4 sleeves so we don't distract the congregation with the flapping! :lol: :lol: :lol: We always wear sleeves now.

ncredbird 06-25-2011 05:40 AM

My granddaughter calls them "wattles", like the fleshy growth hanging from the head or neck of chickens. They are the great equalizer. I get great comfort in knowing that all the snippy "in crowd" girls in high school that didn't have time to say hello to me have them also and are probably bothered by them more than I am.
Ann in TN

Tweety2911 06-25-2011 05:41 AM

LOL!! My angel wings can use a little longer sleeve also.

sandpat 06-25-2011 05:44 AM

When I first noticed mine, I thought WOW! I'm turning into an angel! Must be because I'm getting wings! I don't care whether anyone else wants to see the flapping or not...if I go to the trouble to shave my pits....I'm going sleeveless!

just stitchin' 06-25-2011 05:56 AM

I tell everyone that they are the buds for my angel wings.