Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   flu has struck (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/flu-has-struck-t84892.html)

LindaR 12-24-2010 07:18 AM

celebrating chistmas yesterday cuz DD has 7/12hour shifts in a row...DS calls, down with the flu, bad kind...up all night, thanks but no thanks : :thumbdown: We had dinner with DD and will do it all over with DS on Saturday...hopefully he will feel like eating by then...I've had shot but DH and DD haven't and she just had treatment on thyroid so doesn't need something else. Aren't holidays grand?

oatw13 12-24-2010 07:24 AM

Aw, I hope he recovers quickly. I have a little one down with a very bad cold.

At least you will get to see him on Saturday. :)

raptureready 12-24-2010 07:32 AM

oooohhhhh no! I got sick right after Thanksgiving for about 2 1/2 weeks but finally got over it. I thought I was getting a bout of the flu but decided it was just too many Christmas cookies, nuts and chocolates. LOL

morelcabin 12-24-2010 07:33 AM

Ohhhh, I am so hoping to make it through the next couple of days okay...have 15 ppl for dinner Christmas day.
Everybody here but me has come down with it in the last two weeks...my grand baby threw up all over me yesterday...

And today I have a queezy stomach and my bathroom trips are showing some not very good signs! Good thing I have a husband and two sons who will do everything for me tmo under supervision if I need them to.
They just might be putting together thier first Christmas dinner! LOL!
Going to put something in my stomach in a few minutes...if it comes back up then I know I am done...ugh...WHY NOW?

LindaR 12-24-2010 07:46 AM

that was my first thought, why NOW!..

clem55 12-24-2010 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
Ohhhh, I am so hoping to make it through the next couple of days okay...have 15 ppl for dinner Christmas day.
Everybody here but me has come down with it in the last two weeks...my grand baby threw up all over me yesterday...

And today I have a queezy stomach and my bathroom trips are showing some not very good signs! Good thing I have a husband and two sons who will do everything for me tmo under supervision if I need them to.
They just might be putting together thier first Christmas dinner! LOL!
I can relate to the bathroom trips this morning al;so. Most everything prerpared, except l;adst minute cooking, and if need be, hubby will handle that. He can do as well as I, and is usually underfoot anyway.LOL Oh no! Here I go again!
Going to put something in my stomach in a few minutes...if it comes back up then I know I am done...ugh...WHY NOW?

Cyn 12-24-2010 08:17 AM

My 2 daughters and me are fighting colds too. Oh well! Nothing to do about it!

leonajo 12-24-2010 08:29 AM

Am so sorry it is hiting u now! I had a bad 5 day flu last Thanksgiving. It destroyed the whole holiday plus I was on regular vacation from work. I laid on the couch and cried. Wish u the best, Merry Christmas.

amma 12-24-2010 11:12 AM

It seems inevitable... flu season just doesn't mix well with winter holidays :(

damaquilts 12-24-2010 11:55 AM

I don't know if it is the flu or a cold. Stuffy, coughing, blah feeling. It comes and goes. yesterday I felt pretty good, day before I woke up feeling great. Craziest thing I have ever had.