Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Flu Twice in A Month? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/flu-twice-month-t117392.html)

Krystyna 04-19-2011 04:26 PM

Exactly a month ago I came down with something nasty. Chills, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, aches in my bones. It was exhausting. Now, a month later, I'm just coming out of the same thing! Yesterday it took me 45 minutes to put on a sock and then I fell asleep sitting up for two hours! My fever spiked at 103.5. Called my sister, who is a physician's assistant, for a diagnosis, and fell asleep on the phone! Is it even possible to get a flu twice in a month? I work with a lot of imported lace and can't help but wonder if there aren't some germs lurking there.

NCquilter 04-19-2011 04:29 PM

Oh no! I hope you start feeling better soon. **hugs**

craftybear 04-19-2011 04:30 PM

hope you are feeling better soon

did you go to Dr.???

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Exactly a month ago I came down with something nasty. Chills, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, aches in my bones. It was exhausting. Now, a month later, I'm just coming out of the same thing! Yesterday it took me 45 minutes to put on a sock and then I fell asleep sitting up for two hours! My fever spiked at 103.5. Called my sister, who is a physician's assistant, for a diagnosis, and fell asleep on the phone! Is it even possible to get a flu twice in a month? I work with a lot of imported lace and can't help but wonder if there aren't some germs lurking there.

Patty Patches 04-19-2011 04:31 PM

You need to see your dr.

Krystyna 04-19-2011 04:33 PM

Go to the doctor? Don't be ridiculous!

I actually didn't go because I know there is nothing they can give me for it. I don't have pneumonia or bronchitis. Today I am feeling a bit better, but still have a tiny temp. It's just so odd to get this twice in a month. I am not one who gets sick normally.

Yooper32 04-19-2011 04:49 PM

Have had this happen too. I get flu first, which is a virus and don't go to Dr, but my lungs get compromised easily and I start losing immunity from the flu and a secondary infection sets in and it is bacterial, so off to the Dr. I go. This happened this winter and also the winter before. If you continue to run a fever, best you get it checked out.

emerald46 04-19-2011 05:01 PM

Yes, DH has that last year. He was sick for six weeks! No fun at all. Take care and get well soon! Get to the doctor!!

Krystyna 04-19-2011 05:05 PM

Doctors! Foo! You catch germs there.
I actually think I'm doing better, just hoping I don't get it a third time. If I do, I will absolutely go to the doctor.

Maride 04-19-2011 05:36 PM

Is possible that you have two different infections, but the first one doesn't sound like the flu. The one you have now does. Hope you feel better soon.

Painiacs 04-19-2011 06:17 PM

Yes different strains. Don't need dr unless u get infection or have other health problems! Drink fluids and get sleep!