Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Follow up to "Help! My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it! " (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/follow-up-%22help-my-%2A%24-%24%25-cat-knocked-over-my-quilt-peed-%22-t117959.html)

LadyJrhi 04-22-2011 07:43 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that saturating the offended area several times (like 5 or 6 times) with Nature's Miracle Oxy Orange and washing with a double dose of Oxyclean worked wonders! The quilt and the cat survived!
Thanks everyone for your help and commiseration!
Janet

sueisallaboutquilts 04-22-2011 07:46 AM

Janet, I have noticed over the years that not all cat pee is the same.
We had a cat early in our marriage who had the most pungent smelling pee you can imagine. Like straight ammonia!
All of my cats are spayed and neutered but occasionally there have been problems and I've always gotten it out. It's always been stress-related when they've gone outside the boxes.
Glad it all worked out for you!! :D:D

LadyJrhi 04-22-2011 07:50 AM

I know what you mean! Sophie is a beautiful and wonderful kitty and he (yes, Sophie is a boy....long story) is an awesome part of our family but man does his pee stink!!! It smells like a combination of Skunk and Juniper bushes! But Nature's Miracle and Oxyclean did the trick! :-D

sueisallaboutquilts 04-22-2011 07:57 AM

Some of the posts bothered me such as getting rid of the cat, throwing it outside, etc etc.
I just don't think that way though. There are better solutions.
I adore my pets too! :D:D

LadyJrhi 04-22-2011 08:03 AM

*NOD* I agree with you! Although I can't say I didn't have some unkind thoughts about him at the time...but then I remembered he has a walnut sized brain and is just a cat. He is otherwise a wonserful companion.

LadyJrhi 04-22-2011 08:03 AM

*NOD* I agree with you! Although I can't say I didn't have some unkind thoughts about him at the time...but then I remembered he has a walnut sized brain and is just a cat. He is otherwise a wonserful companion.

bluteddi 04-22-2011 08:05 AM

cats have accidents, stress, etc too.....

I'd threaten Zipster to have him in the stew pot tho... just to see him smirk at me as if saying.. " yeah right, I"m scared" LOL

emerald46 04-22-2011 08:43 AM

I have a small plaque that says "This house is maintained entirely for the comfort and covenience of our cat(s)". Precious cats have long departed but I kept the little sign.

Marion T 04-24-2011 05:13 AM

Just when I thought I had seen everything on this site, along comes a topic on cat pee!! I love this site. I also love cats, they are so dramatically different!! I'm glad you got the smell out.

LadyJrhi 04-24-2011 07:43 AM

*Laugh* Glad we could provide the new experience! I was very relieved when I finished that final wash and it came out smelling like a rose.:)