Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Forgot I'm not young! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/forgot-im-not-young-t84053.html)

emptyshellamy 12-20-2010 05:46 AM

I guess I was living in some alternate reality that in my 30s I'm still a teenager & invincible. A little ice hockey at the pond yesterday was lots of fun until I fell on my face & realized adults don't bounce like little kids do :lol: First time in my life I hit the ice...oh my. Numerous bruises, really sore neck & shoulder, right before Christmas when I have so much to do. I was up all night, guess it's time to find the advil. I'm thankful I didn't fall on my back, I had an injury almost 2 yrs ago & had spinal surgery for that. Hurt though, body & pride, lol.

Nancy S. 12-20-2010 05:53 AM

Holy Cow, yes you could have done some BIG damage. But you did have fun, right?? Sometimes it's worth it. Play safe. Maybe helmet?

twospoiledhuskies 12-20-2010 06:01 AM

Well, I'm glad it was only the first time you fell-I fall everything I'm on skates!!! Sure am glad you only good bruises and sore muscles.

lovingmama 12-20-2010 06:07 AM

When the child comes out in us, we do forget easily our age. I guess because our hearts are still young. No matter what age.

I'm glad you didn't get hurt badly.

Japonica 12-20-2010 06:15 AM

Good for you!!! You are a baby at being in your 30's. I am almost 60 and my DH is planning on retiring in the Spring. We made our "bucket list" and includedon that list is for me to learn how to ride a bike. (never had one as a child, so never learned)skydive and scyba dive. Age is just a number...it just takes a little longer to bounce back from "injuries".

Granna of 5 12-20-2010 06:31 AM

Glad you had fun, could have been really bad. Glad there were no broken bones.

CarrieAnne 12-20-2010 06:40 AM

Glad youre okay!

nursie76 12-20-2010 06:46 AM

Glad you felt like a child again, if only for a while! It is the child within us that can give us much joy!

Of course, you are younger than my oldest and next to oldest child ;-) so you are young to me!

I am glad that you didn't re injure your prior back injury and didn't get a concussion or broken bones. I do know that it can take 24-48 hours for the full impact of the soreness to hit (can take that long for the swelling and inflammation to set in), so the Advil sounds like a good idea as it might head off some of the after effects of your time on the ice. Take care and have a great day!

mrspete 12-20-2010 07:12 AM

Bless yer heart!

leiladylei54 12-20-2010 07:14 AM

SVS you weren't hurt severely. Been there, done that when I crashed my bike into a fence. Luckily, the fence obstructed the real source of injury....blackberry bushes!!! And boy, do I ever know the embarrassment of hurt pride!!!