Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Fox in my backyard this morning! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fox-my-backyard-morning-t212360.html)

Monroe 01-30-2013 01:10 AM

I had a pair of red foxes tunnel under my barn and connect their den with the adult woodchucks home on the back side entrance in 2011. Never knew which critter would pop out of the holes. The fat old woodchucks would even push the foxes out of the way. I'd hoped the foxes would encourage the woodchucks to leave, but no such luck. 2 adorable red kits, romping around just like kittens. Kits were fearless, out during the day and hard to keep secret from fearful neighbors. They left gifts of bunnie bits on the deck by the back door. Sadly they didn't come back last year. I've been checking the snow around the den, but no visitors so far.

Yooper32 01-30-2013 05:47 AM

Send them my way. We have way too many "bunny bits" still intact and thriving, all over the place.

lfstamper 01-30-2013 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by DACO48 (Post 5824382)
If you have a kitty, don't let it out. It will become Fox-Food!!! Ask me how I know??

OMG! I do have a cat but she rarely goes out. Thanks for sharing.

alwayslearning 01-30-2013 05:59 AM

We think we might have a fox in our community because most of the rabbits have disappeared. Oh, if that had only happened when we had our basset! When we lived in Coral Gables, Fl, we also had them nest under our deck. What a treat it was to watch those 5 kits grow. Lady across the street left dog food on her front porch (even thought they kept the dog inside), so that was one of the first things they learned to "hunt".

barbo117 01-30-2013 07:25 AM

For those of us who raise chickens that is a very scary thing. It is that time of year in many places where their natural food is scarce and they are looking for a meal. Keep your dogs and cats in sight if you let them out. We have seen hawks flying over our chicken run and they are looking for a chance to grab one of my girls. We have our run covered with bird netting so hopefully they won't get a chicken nugget from us!

bearland53 01-30-2013 07:46 AM

Oh my - I get excited if I see a rabbit or a deer in my yard. I don't know what I would have done. Great pics.

AuntieD 01-30-2013 05:19 PM

We have one that comes by early in the morning. He is quite handsome. Also a hawk or some or big bird is in the area and flys by. I love the deer and other wildlife we have who come visit.

marla 01-30-2013 05:38 PM

maybe there is a way to discourage him from coming around. It would make me nervous to own any animals w/ this around.

moonwork42029 01-30-2013 05:47 PM

So beautiful.

JoyjoyMarie 01-31-2013 05:03 AM

How very cool! We had a fox in the neighborhood that we would spot occasionally, but haven't seen him/her for a couple years now. I just loved it when I'd catch a glimpse of her!