Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Frozen doll dress (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/frozen-doll-dress-t260317.html)

Prissnboot 01-26-2015 09:49 AM

Frozen doll dress

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my first attempt at Elsa's dress.

tessagin 01-26-2015 09:58 AM

Aw! That's so cute and pretty!!

SewExtremeSeams 01-26-2015 09:58 AM

Oh, how sweet! What pattern did you use? I love the cape and sleeves.

Prissnboot 01-26-2015 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 7064639)
Oh, how sweet! What pattern did you use? I love the cape and sleeves.

I used Simplicity's pattern. What I dont like about the design is that the cape is attached to the top of the back of the bustier, which is separate from the dress. The fur trim on the cape (attached to cover the pin pricks, which snagged the lame) weighs down the cape, and pulls on the bustier, which makes it look stupid in the back. I love the look of the fur trim, but I'll have to figure out another way to attach it when using fur to make it look right yet be somewhat true to the design. I'm thinking of attaching clear "bra strap" kind of things to the bustier...but haven't quite tried it yet.

QUILTNMO 01-26-2015 11:52 AM

looks great good job!!!

susie-susie-susie 01-26-2015 05:27 PM

Very pretty outfit. Maybe you could make the cape a little longer and tie it around her neck. Capes are supposed to keep you warm. Are you going to make another?
Sue

SewExtremeSeams 01-26-2015 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot (Post 7064663)
I used Simplicity's pattern. What I dont like about the design is that the cape is attached to the top of the back of the bustier, which is separate from the dress. The fur trim on the cape (attached to cover the pin pricks, which snagged the lame) weighs down the cape, and pulls on the bustier, which makes it look stupid in the back. I love the look of the fur trim, but I'll have to figure out another way to attach it when using fur to make it look right yet be somewhat true to the design. I'm thinking of attaching clear "bra strap" kind of things to the bustier...but haven't quite tried it yet.

Thank you for the heads up. I think all 7 year old DGD's are in love with Frozen princesses. I will have to look for that pattern. If you figure out a different way, I hope you will post it.

romanojg 01-27-2015 10:15 AM

Thank you for the heads up. I think all 7 year old DGD's are in love with Frozen princesses

I think all girls period are addicted, my3 yr and 4yr old grand daughters love it all.
I bet it was the #1 halloween costume this yr. My boss made one for her grand daugther.

Beautiful work on the dress

ManiacQuilter2 01-28-2015 07:18 AM

I haven't had time to watch the movie but I think you did really great in creating her dress.

Mariposa 01-28-2015 08:36 AM

Nicely done! Thanks for the heads up too!