Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Funny Cat Story (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/funny-cat-story-t229798.html)

sandy l 09-10-2013 03:23 AM

We can't leave pencils, pens or anything round out where our one cat can find them. He like to carry them off and hide them under the furniture in the front room. He started this when he was a kitten (12 yrs ago) and still does it.

kyquiltlover1942 09-10-2013 04:16 AM

Mine used to eat bread, cake rolls. No matter where i put it, she would open drawers , cabinets even the wall cabinets. The only thing she could not open was my tuperware cake carrier. But she could knock it off the table and bat it around the house. She has gone to her reward, and I still miss her antics.

lclang 09-10-2013 04:17 AM

We had a cat that played with our daughters Fisher Price little wooden people.

coopah 09-10-2013 04:38 AM

Thanks for this post. You just brought back some memories of my sweet Twidgett. I had small, round sponges for cleaning ceramics. Now, there were only a couple of these sponges, but she would find them! She'd carry one around in her mouth like it was her baby. :-) She also loved the premade bows...but only the red ones! And those she'd bat around on the floor, flip them in the air, and repeat!

tessagin 09-10-2013 04:55 AM

We don't have a cat but the lady across the street does. We also have a humming bird feeder outside our living room window. It is also very close to the carport. Every couple days we found ourselves refilling the feeder. We were happy and also watched the birds feeding around it. This weekend we noticed a lot of red (as it turned out liquid) all over the front door and my car (along with paw prints). We blamed it on the birds being so territorial. DH decided to take some photos. Then it happened and he didn't catch it. Neighbors cat got on top of my car and would leap at the feeder and miss the birds and hit the feeder and it just went swinging.

buslady 09-10-2013 05:57 AM

We had a cat at the office that would steal from your purse. He liked candy. One person had a baggie of hard candies in her purse and by the third time we caught him with it, she finally put it up and zipped the purse closed. He took stuff from my desk and hid it to. Pens and pencils were his favorite.

Rose Marie 09-10-2013 05:57 AM

MY cat used to play fetch just like a dog. She dosnt do it anymore.
The only thing my cat likes to bring into the house is live lizards or birds if he can catch them.
I wake up with kitty toys in my bed sometimes.
I have 3 cats, one female.
She is crazy for gum and will smell it in purses and dig for it. My daughter spoils her and lets her have a very small piece to eat.

svenskaflicka1 09-10-2013 09:15 AM

our old cat would raid anybody's purse that had anything spearmint in it--gum, mints, candy, even empty wrappers. she never cared much for catnip, but went crazy for the spearmint in the garden, too. we would have to hide anything out of her reach and in a closet or cupboard. my mom never forgot the time the darn cat stole a giant pack of gum out of her purse, and chewed up the top of every wrapped piece of gum in it--and then put it back in the purse. got to love the critters...

mandyrose 09-11-2013 04:20 AM

sure gotta luv em I had a cat that liked anything shiny including my jewelry I could not figure out why my earrings braclets would go missing then finally cought him stealing them off the dresser and this is the same cat that would knock my hair combs off the dresser and would find my puppy chewing on them and wonder how he got it I still have one of the combs all chewed at one end but don't have the heart to throw it out.......

mighty 09-11-2013 06:08 AM

Great story!!