Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Funny kids at the door for Trick or Treating...did you get any? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/funny-kids-door-trick-treating-did-you-get-any-t164737.html)

MisDixie 10-31-2011 04:47 PM

There is a cold wind here tonight so not to many coming our way. So far this has been the best comment

So this little guy just came to the door. I asked him if he was having fun....he said "NO". LOL his Mom was so emberrassed!

huntannette 10-31-2011 04:50 PM

ha ha ha ...cute ....not too many up here either...less and less every year...no more small kids in our area....guess i`ll have to bring the rest of my candies at school tomorrow in the class i`m supply teaching in.....he he he!!!

Originally Posted by MisDixie
There is a cold wind here tonight so not to many coming our way. So far this has been the best comment

So this little guy just came to the door. I asked him if he was having fun....he said "NO". LOL his Mom was so emberrassed!

beatys9 10-31-2011 04:51 PM

Yep, I'd guess it's very cold in your part of the woods... it's just getting dark here & the rain is taking a break so we shall see how many goblins we get at the door!

bakermom 10-31-2011 04:55 PM

we had a lot of cuties! about 90 kids this year. We love seeing the kids and costumes-darn cold though. No rain or snow this year-yea!

Navy Wife 10-31-2011 04:57 PM

I stopped giving out candy last year. We live in a large subdivision on the edge of town. All the families who live in the county bring carloads of kids here and drop them off. The traffic is so bad we have to have policemen directing the cars and kids to keep from having a terrible accident. The last year I gave out treats, I gave out 400 pieces and ran out at 7:30. It's ridiculous.

barny 10-31-2011 04:57 PM

I've had at least 125.

Lindsey 10-31-2011 04:59 PM

WE had ONE.. and then someone who rang the bell and ddn't wait for us to answer.

marymm 10-31-2011 04:59 PM

Several cuties on a beautiful night in southeast Texas. My favorites have been a little girl who said she was a bee and another who announced she wasn't a cowgirl...She was a cowgirl rock star. And then we had two really cute dogs--one dressed as a squirrel and another as a turtle! The squirrel was a little bulldog and the turtle was some sort of a bigger mutt!.

valsma 10-31-2011 05:03 PM

LOL! That's to funny. Smart little guy if he knows it is cold and it is no fun walking in the cold.

I just got my first couple of treaters. Had to go answer door while typing this, poor little ones are all wet. They just got caught in a shower and I hope the only one.

Vicki W 10-31-2011 05:14 PM

We had over 100.

One I will remember, a young man(late teens) as tall as I am came to my door. Knocked and I opened the door. He stuck out his bag. I looked at him and said, 'I'm waiting" He looked at me funny and asked "For What?" I said, "Aren't you suppose to say something?" His friends giggled, and he sheepily said "Trick or Treat" then I tossed his candy into his bag.

Another boy grabbed his bag closed as soon as I dropped his candy in and turned to run, almost knocking over some more kids. I asked him, didn't you have something to say? He asked, "like what?" I replied Thank you to me and excuse me to her. His mother thanked me for correcting him.

Lots of very cute kids and lots of very polite kids.