Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Funny priorities today! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/funny-priorities-today-t260307.html)

DonnaC 01-26-2015 07:03 AM

Funny priorities today!

So, we are pretty sure to have a blizzard coming. Like, 24-36 inches of snow. I've lived here all my life but I'm still a snow-hater so that isn't good news as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention that my condo is all-electric, so if the power goes out, I've got nothing - no cooking, no heat, no .... sewing?

But oh contraire! The first things I do are... make sure I have enough cereal and milk (because I can live on that for a couple of days, for sure), and make doubly sure my hand-crank sewing machine is threaded and ready! LOL I cracked myself up this morning because I took out the machine before I even checked to see that my radio worked!

Oh well, hunker down everyone and GOOD LUCK!! :)

JenniePenny 01-26-2015 07:07 AM

Stay safe! You know what the priorities are!

SewExtremeSeams 01-26-2015 07:20 AM

It's great you have a hand crank!

KellyPete 01-26-2015 07:41 AM

Stay safe!! What I wouldn't give to get that snow right now. We could use the snowmobiles for the first time this year. :)

Homespun 01-26-2015 08:01 AM

Hope you stay safe! Hand crank!!!

tmw 01-26-2015 08:10 AM

i hope you have more than a couple days of food .!! when the warnings come out , and when you can, get more supplies in so you don't need to go out on the unsafe roads. be safe .and stay under your quilts..

Tartan 01-26-2015 08:14 AM

It does look like it is going to be a blizzard! Wish I had a hand crank sewing machine but I do have a hand crank flash light.:D

NJ Quilter 01-26-2015 08:25 AM

Hey, you're more prepared than I was this AM! DH and I were out last night. Stopped in the grocery store with the rest of the folks stocking up. Not too bad. The only thing I could think that we needed was butter. Good to go for a few days with the rest of the provisions in the house. Yeah, right, till we got home. Feed the dogs...oops - should have picked up dog food. Get up this AM and make coffee...oops - should have picked up coffee. Guess where I was at 8AM? WITH MY LIST this time! All set now for the 20+ inches they are calling for here. At least I hope so. Will probably find something else I'm without before the day is over.

Have fun with your hand crank. Wish I had one of those.

misspriss 01-26-2015 09:29 AM

A clay planter, the one with the hole in the bottom, turned upside down with a candle will keep a small room warm. I can heat my master bath just fine. Of course you need to close the door. I keep oil lamps, a sterno stove, small coffee pot, to make coffee or heat a can of soup. I keep lots of paper plates and plastic forks so I don't have to wash dishes. I am in Texas but we do get the ice and lose our power too. Blessings to you all.

tessagin 01-26-2015 09:41 AM

Got couple thermos you can put some hot water in? Anyone you know have a charcoal grill or propane gas grill? My sons live in Indiana. they set their grills up and never stopped eating. Cooked all their meals and some neighbors. Of course is a little hard to do and probably prohibited in a condo plex. Hope your power doesn't go out!