Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Fur Babies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fur-babies-t187833.html)

burchquilts 05-04-2012 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 5188170)
This forum is just awesome. Everything in one place. Recipes, jokes, fur baby stories, and yes, even quilting talk. It is just a great place, but I hang out here too much.

My own furbaby of 19 years and 8 months (but who's counting?) went to the vet yesterday and was diagnosed with an inoperable cancer. The vet did what she could and now we are at home to say goodbye. Lots of lap time and not so much on the sewing or housework right now. They are good to us though, aren't they?

I'm so sorry your baby is sick, I'll keep both of you in my heart & thoughts.

burchquilts 05-04-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 5189392)
I am so sorry to hear this. I understand only to well what you're going through with your furbaby. Recently lost 3 in a 12 month span. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Chris

Oh, I'm so sorry for your losses, Chris. I understand what you're going thru, tho. We had to have our Yankee put down around Thanksgiving & I'm still grieving. I think about his little funny self every single day. Oh, don't get me wrong... I adore my "new" Lep but we didn't get him to "replace" Yankee Pierre. It's so hard to lose them.

MarLeClair 05-04-2012 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can I share. Nothing better to talk about than my Missy. When I got her 5 years ago her name was Mystery and she answered to it so Missy was close enough and she didn't know the difference. She had double knee surgery in December and is finally back to normal. We made it through that together, me worrying and her healing.

Neesie 05-04-2012 03:35 PM

I love seeing pictures of everyone's furbabies! Warms my heart and makes me smile! :)

suebee 05-04-2012 04:27 PM

beautiful baby!! what kind of dog is that? thank you for sharing. I think life in general would be boring and sad without our critters. I love my dogs.

EvelynJ 05-04-2012 04:32 PM

My dog Jinger

1 Attachment(s)
Jinger is my baby, she's a rescued pound puppy. When she has been neglected too long, she scratches on my leg or jumps behind me in my chair. She's a great dog.

Tulip 05-04-2012 04:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I agree, it's nice to share family pics, here are some of ours!:)

beatys9 05-04-2012 07:36 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who's fur babies are a fixture on the furniture :)

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 5194206)
I agree, it's nice to share family pics, here are some of ours!:)

COYOTEMAGIC 05-04-2012 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by MarLeClair (Post 5194072)
Can I share. Nothing better to talk about than my Missy. When I got her 5 years ago her name was Mystery and she answered to it so Missy was close enough and she didn't know the difference. She had double knee surgery in December and is finally back to normal. We made it through that together, me worrying and her healing.

JOLLY BALL!!!!
My Katie-bug is Jolly ball crazy. Is Missy a Cattle Dog mix? She's got that Cattle Dog look about her face.

Rose Marie 05-05-2012 06:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have always had a cat or more than one. Right now I have 4. My daughters are also cat lovers. One has 5 indoors and 15 ferals that she has trapped and had fixed so no new babies.