Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Fur Baby's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fur-babys-t134869.html)

scrapcollector 07-03-2011 06:15 AM

What is it with them? When I go to the sewing room, right behind me she is. Whatever I am working on, she thinks she has to be in the middle of it, if not, she is laying on cloth that goes to the quilt.

Sometimes she lays behind the sewing machine and grabs the thread with her paw. I think I have her broke from that, but the rest of it, ironing board and all is a mystery to me. You guys and gals have the same problem?

Thanks, Pat

Ramona Byrd 07-03-2011 06:30 AM

Yes. Right now I'm moving my head from side to side to see the computer screen, because my sweet, shy Fredrica is weaving back and forth in front of me, crying because nobody loves her. At the same time Koko is grimly determined that he, and only he is going to be the one sitting on my lap, no matter how many times I throw him off every time he hisses at Fredrica. And he has claws that he uses when he doesn't want to go.
Now just try sewing with both of them grimly determined to do that in front of a sewing machine!!!

LoriEl 07-03-2011 06:53 AM

Oh yes!

great aunt jacqui 07-03-2011 07:11 AM

same here, I think that is their nature to cling to us to get a fair amount of attention. I was sewing a long border...had to continually pull the border out of someones mouth. It is like anything that falls on the floor belongs to them. lol

Tussymussy 07-03-2011 07:12 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Been there and done it! Sadly, those fur babies have moved on. Thankfully, the latest is too big for any of those shenanigans. He just lies on the floor and refuses to let me near the foot pedal of my machine!

littlehud 07-03-2011 07:21 AM

Same here. Mine love my sewing machine as much as I do.

SparkMonkey 07-03-2011 09:03 AM

You know, I'm going to have a hard time finding a new kitty when my sweet Pickle passes, because she's the perfect crafter's cat. She loves my company, but she's content to sit next to me, rather than on me. She is interested in what I'm doing, but reserved enough that she just looks and doesn't touch. And she never, ever gets into anything she shouldn't. I could leave a ball of yarn or spool of thread out in the middle of the floor and she wouldn't even sniff it.

With any luck, she won't leave me for many more years; she's still young and healthy. :)

auntpiggylpn 07-03-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by SparkMonkey
You know, I'm going to have a hard time finding a new kitty when my sweet Pickle passes, because she's the perfect crafter's cat. She loves my company, but she's content to sit next to me, rather than on me. She is interested in what I'm doing, but reserved enough that she just looks and doesn't touch. And she never, ever gets into anything she shouldn't. I could leave a ball of yarn or spool of thread out in the middle of the floor and she wouldn't even sniff it.

With any luck, she won't leave me for many more years; she's still young and healthy. :)

Love the name "Pickles"!!!!

bjrusty 07-04-2011 03:40 AM

So funny Barb

romanojg 07-04-2011 04:18 AM

Yes, I have a small white American eskimo and she's always under foot; even under my bed. She sleeps under my bed and no matter how many times I get up at night the minute my feet hit the floor she's up and running behind me. She follows me into the bathroom and will bug me to pet her until I pick up the TP and then she'll leave. I was trying to organize my sewing room the other night and was moving the furniture and she would not stay out; finally I had to put her in her kennel. This happened after a few times of something falling and hitting my foot due to her checking it all out. I love her but sometimes; well.