Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Gangs all here, let the party begin!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gangs-all-here-let-party-begin-t41660.html)

Boxer mom 04-04-2010 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Seanette
Maybe some puppies were hiding behind others during ultrasound?

Second the request for more pictures, and make sure Ruby's getting plenty of treats and cuddles.

They don't do ultra sounds on dogs, they do x-rays and I thought I saw more. I am going to ask to see the x-rays again tomorrow when I am at the vets.

Seanette 04-04-2010 12:51 PM

OK, been a long time since puppies were born at my place (over 30 years), so not up on current vet OB tech. ;)

Boxer mom 04-04-2010 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Seanette
OK, been a long time since puppies were born at my place (over 30 years), so not up on current vet OB tech. ;)

I asked why they could not do it and they said because the tech drives up on certain days and it was more exspensive.

Seanette 04-04-2010 01:08 PM

How's poor Ruby coping with the brood? Please give her a cuddle for me.

nursie76 04-04-2010 01:14 PM

OH they are absolutely precious! Yep, Ruby definitely looks like she is a little shell shocked! Bless her heart! Take care of your new family and you too!

Boxer mom 04-04-2010 02:06 PM

Thank you all for the well wishes and thoughts, everybody is doing fine. Trying to get Ruby to leave the pups long enough to eat is hard, she is an excellent mom. I called a friend who is out of work and told her I would pay her to come help out while I am at work (and maybe overnight a night or two) to watch over them and bottle feed them. She said she would love to.

Pats8e8 04-04-2010 02:44 PM

Wow, they are beautiful, do you raise them to sell? So cute and I bet she is a good Mom too.

katiebear1 04-04-2010 05:14 PM

Oh, how wonerful! I have never had a dog who had puppies, as I always have them spayed....I knew I would never be able to give any puppies up. I have always said if I were rich I would have a big ole ranch where I could take in unwanted dogs and cats. As it is I feel that four dogs are the maximum that we can take really good care of (Eukenuba dog food, annual vet vet visits and vaccines, etc.) All have been "pound puppies". Over the 40 years of our marriage we have had the great fourtune of sharing our life with twelve amazing dogs.(four of witch are with us now.) I can truely say that my life has been richer with them in it.

Boxer mom 04-04-2010 05:36 PM

Let me say first off that I am not asking any one to take any of the pups, I was just posting for those who were keeping up with me and the expected liter. I have aslo always adopted, as a mater of fact my first Boxer Lucy (Lu in Ruby Lu is short for Lucy) was adopted at the local shelter when she was only one year old. Three months after I adopted her I found out she had cardiomyopathy and she died less than 2 years later.

raptureready 04-04-2010 06:01 PM

If I lived closer and my allergies lived further I'l love to help. I loved the boxer I used to have--so much so that I took meds all the time so that I could keep her. They are truly wonderful dogs.
In that third picture Ruby Lu looks like she's saying, "Sure, I get to do all the work and you get to take the pictures!"