Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Garage as a sewing room update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/garage-sewing-room-update-t111646.html)

pamkasperi 03-28-2011 09:08 PM

Ok - I have decided...after much pushing and prodding to stay on track from this board - the garage is mine.

Today besides meeting my new quilting friend.....

I finished the clean up - all the shelves are dusted and cleaned (we have cabinets that line 2 of the long walls of the garage - those are all cleaned out as well)

All lawn tools moved to the back shed.

60 items placed on ebay.

Whew!!!!

all items for the garage sale sorted; cleaned and ready to be priced

All stored material washed; folded and stored properly now.

Bid to close up the attic above the garage requested

Priced carpet for the garage tonight - ugh may have to wait on that unless the garage sale goes well

Peg board instead of faux wall to cover garage door - ordered (that I could afford after last week's ebay sales).

I have to look at lighting - that is the only thing really lacking - while there is a really good ballist(sp?) with 4 bulbs in it - it sits up at the front of the garage so I think I'll need something for the middle of it.

Last but not least - I have to get a portable AC - with the weather getting so much warmer that is a must.

On my wish list will be a TV for out there - for now if I want to watch or listen to something I can do it on my computer.

So after the garage sale Friday and ebay sales this week - I'll be ready to actually start fixing the garage up and moving in!

Now if I waiver - ya'll have to keep me on track my son had sad eyes at dinner when I announced everything I had done!!!

Leota 03-28-2011 09:12 PM

post pics of your progress :D

connie d 03-28-2011 09:14 PM

You can do it. Just think of what you will be doing in there. Keep posting.

quiltstodo 03-28-2011 09:19 PM

What's your user name on ebay? Would love to see what you have.

Painiacs 03-28-2011 09:41 PM

Good for you! U go girl!!

pamkasperi 03-28-2011 09:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Leota
post pics of your progress :D

Leota - I'm too embarassed to post any before pictures - which I took - but tomorrow I'll get the dumpter to show how much we moved out...for now - see below!

Ebay pile
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176872[/ATTACH]

Garage Sale pile
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176873[/ATTACH]

Soccer equipment that is going back to the soccer fields for our shed there
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176874[/ATTACH]

stuff going to store room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176875[/ATTACH]

pamkasperi 03-28-2011 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by quiltstodo
What's your user name on ebay? Would love to see what you have.

its in my signature block...I still have more to put up tomorrow and I just noticed I have to fix some pictures that didn't come out well...but its too late to do it tonight and I spent way too much time away from the board today :lol: :roll:

pamkasperi 03-28-2011 09:47 PM

Oh and the quilt edges you see - that's not for sale...I did that as a raffle quilt when my youngest daughter was in 1st grade and I haed bidding on my own work but I really wanted it - so not only did I make it for free - I had to pay for it :) oh well - it is hanging there to dry - I didn't want to put it in the dryer...

debp33 03-28-2011 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi

I'm too embarassed to post any before pictures - which I took - but tomorrow I'll get the dumpter to show how much we moved out...for now - see below!

I love taking before and after pictures. They always show amazing progress!

Minnesewta-sam 03-29-2011 01:53 AM

That will be a great getaway for quilting. Congrats!