Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A "gift" for all of you (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gift-all-you-t249253.html)

madamekelly 06-29-2014 12:29 PM

A "gift" for all of you

I just have to share this with you. I am disabled by several problems which are not important, but I tell you so you understand the amount of medications I take on a daily basis. I also have fibromyalgia, so exercise is difficult.
I am telling all of you this to share my recent discovery. I have watched Doctor Oz talk about a pill that is natural and magically helps you lose weight on his TV show. Garcinia Cambogia is what it is called, and the one I bought has nothing else in it. I listened to him discuss it for over three years, and finally decided to try it. I told my doctor about it, and he said "give it a try", so I did.
I bought the brand that Dr. Oz speaks of and started taking two a day (instructions say three a day, but I forget to take the one at lunch most days.) with my regular meds. I started on June tenth and as of today I have lost 9 pounds! (I even had pizza last week!)
I would never pretend to recommend any way of altering your self, except this is so easy, and just a fruit product, so give it a try. It has made me feel better than I have in years so there must be something in it that my system lacks, at least that was my doctor's opinion. He said to keep it up, and I might just reverse my Type 2 diabetes with the weight loss. How can I fail? I hope some of you try this, I would love to compare notes with you.
Ok, ok, off my soap box and back to my current wall hanging project. ; )

Tartan 06-29-2014 12:39 PM

​Sounds interesting. I am currently trying yet another statin for high cholesteral so I won't be adding another medication to the mix.

ptquilts 06-29-2014 12:43 PM

If it works for you, great. But science does not support the claims. And you might want to ask your MD for some liver function tests.

From Wikipedia:

Weight loss

In late 2012, a United States television personality, Dr. Oz, promoted garcinia cambogia extract as "an exciting breakthrough in natural weight loss"[8] Dr. Oz's previous endorsements have often led to a substantial increase in consumer interest in the promoted products. There is a lack of scientific evidence and clinical trials do not support claims that Garcinia cambogia is an effective weight loss aid.[9][10][11][12] A meta-analysis of several clinical trials found no compelling evidence for short-term weight loss.[13] Further, side effects — namely hepatotoxicity (chemical-driven liver damage) — led to one preparation being withdrawn from the market.[14][15]

A 1998 randomized controlled trial looked at the effects of hydroxycitric acid, the purported active component in Garcinia gummi-gutta, as a potential antiobesity agent in 135 people. The conclusion from this trial was that "Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo".

madamekelly 06-29-2014 01:05 PM

ptquilts- thank you for the input. I will go check out your info, since I do not want to trade diabetes for liver problems.

nativetexan 06-29-2014 01:24 PM

yes, Dr. Oz is on the rack for saying too much about products on his show. Some panel has been grilling him about that. I too thought he gave into the producers on the show, but money talks.

ube quilting 06-29-2014 03:08 PM

I have seen this product too and hope you do well with it. Keep up the good work and remember who you can reverse that type 2 D. Great news.
peace

momto5 06-29-2014 05:23 PM

I hope it works for you: I got an email (hacked from my DGD's address) saying to order it from a certain company in Utah...ie, try it, it worked for me! So, being the GGM (Gullible grandmother) I did....and ended up threatening to sue the stupid company when they wouldn't cancel my "order"...so, do at your own risk!

ljptexas 06-30-2014 03:57 AM

Hey, hey, hey. I will give it a try. Thanks...

Ellageo 06-30-2014 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 6779280)
If it works for you, great. But science does not support the claims. And you might want to ask your MD for some liver function tests.

From Wikipedia:

Weight loss

In late 2012, a United States television personality, Dr. Oz, promoted garcinia cambogia extract as "an exciting breakthrough in natural weight loss"[8] Dr. Oz's previous endorsements have often led to a substantial increase in consumer interest in the promoted products. There is a lack of scientific evidence and clinical trials do not support claims that Garcinia cambogia is an effective weight loss aid.[9][10][11][12] A meta-analysis of several clinical trials found no compelling evidence for short-term weight loss.[13] Further, side effects — namely hepatotoxicity (chemical-driven liver damage) — led to one preparation being withdrawn from the market.[14][15]

A 1998 randomized controlled trial looked at the effects of hydroxycitric acid, the purported active component in Garcinia gummi-gutta, as a potential antiobesity agent in 135 people. The conclusion from this trial was that "Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo".

prescription medicine has just as many side effects & maybe even more. Mine comes with pages!! of warnings. I was raised on natural medicines & whatever Grandma said to do! So this would be something I would try.

kydeb 06-30-2014 07:48 AM

Just adding my 2 cents worth :-) A little over a month ago, my doctor told me to cut out wheat (I'm pre-diabetic) for 3 weeks, come back in for blood work, and see what happened. I told him I would give it a shot - I was willing to do the 3 weeks thinking that as soon as it was over, back to bread (I LOVE bread!). After 3 weeks, I decided that I felt so much better and had so much more energy, I didn't care what the blood work said, I was off wheat. Anyway, new blood work done and I went from pre-diabetic to normal. Since then I've read and read and I really do believe a lot of the diseases we have are diet related. It may not work for all of us but I think, for a lot of us, if we changed what we ate, we would be so much healthier. Surprisingly, I don't miss the wheat at all and I feel so much better all around. And talk about energy......I have tons!! As far as supplements - they concern me somewhat. I don't believe that there is any standards for them and if I don't really know what they are, I don't really want to add it - too many additives all the way around. That being said, I'm not "one of those people." I really did not believe going no wheat would make a difference. A side note - someone brought fresh baked glazed donuts to the office. After about 2 hours I folded and ate one - I was immediately sorry and won't let that happen again. It made me feel awful for a few hours.