Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The Gift is in the Giving (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gift-giving-t81215.html)

dsb38327 12-07-2010 01:43 PM

Guess what. Debbie isn't home. Wanna know how I know? Because the flowers were only 1/2 of her Christmas present. I thought the packages would have been delivered at the same time but they were not. As it happens, one went FedEx and one went UPS. Oh well. The flowers were delivered. I am so happy she liked them. I didn't know the vase was included in the order. I was happy with that. I don't know where the tulips were grown but they do look pretty. I wanted to give her a big smile because she is so good to everyone on the Quiltingboard. She does so much for others. Let's all hide and see what she says when she gets back home and sees the other package. She is such a special person. Don't tell her I told you all this. Okay?

mommamac 12-07-2010 01:44 PM

tulips - my favorite. Don't you just love surprises!

debbieumphress 12-07-2010 02:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OMG I just got home from picking up the patterns you sent thru Staples and had another package. YOu are so sneaky. Here they are. Lady Godiva Chocolates. Was wondering why you didn't mention them. Thought he put them in my wooden chest on the porch and I missed them in the excitement when the flowers came in. LOL. Thank you again. I hope I can be as sneaky one day. ROFL. YOu made my week and I was so surprised. Loved the feeling it gave me

Thank you , DOrothy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139598[/ATTACH]

SuziC 12-07-2010 02:29 PM

What a Wondeful thing to do!

dsb38327 12-07-2010 02:47 PM

I have so much enjoyed sharing this pleasure with you. Thank you for making my holidays joyful.

(She's home!)

debbieumphress 12-07-2010 03:24 PM

I am sitting here eating a chocolate (creamcheese) and staring at my tulips. This definitely goes into my journal with a copy of the email you sent to me. People like you and those on the board, make the world go around and and the sun come up every morning. *H*U*G*S*

Jabear617 12-07-2010 05:04 PM

Debbie, I can picture you sitting there smiling, looking at your Beautiful Tulips and eating your yummy Chocolates. Thinking of you...Smiling too:) Dorothy.. That was too cool! You did good:)

hperttula123 12-07-2010 05:17 PM

That is so nice. The flowers are beautiful!!! :-D

debbieumphress 12-07-2010 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jabear617
Debbie, I can picture you sitting there smiling, looking at your Beautiful Tulips and eating your yummy Chocolates. Thinking of you...Smiling too:) Dorothy.. That was too cool! You did good:)

I would share with everyone too. YOur sister is amazing. Wish you could of heard her laughing when she answered the phone. She knew I would be calling. It was a warm and wonderful day and my flowers are right her to enjoy for a while. I am in Awe still.
Hopey ou are enjoying the holiday season too. PM me nad let me know what you have been sewing. *H*U*G*S*

trisha 12-07-2010 08:40 PM

What a nice thing to do!!