Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Gmary Fons leaving Love if Quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gmary-fons-leaving-love-if-quilting-t275097.html)

nativetexan 01-28-2016 04:51 PM

well without the daughter and her mother and the other lady, there is no show.

Skhf 01-28-2016 05:06 PM

I watched the video again and it was about her leaving Quilty, not Fons and Porter. Sorry for my confusion. I actually find her a little awkward sometimes but I find her to be endearing. She has a blog that is interesting and fun to read and is more about her writing and less about her quilting.

cjsews 01-28-2016 06:04 PM

Skhf I love that a simple mistake can lead to such a discussion. Kind of reminds me of playing telephone when we were kids. Thank you for this fun thread. 😉

Tothill 01-28-2016 06:43 PM

Mary Fons will be presenting at Sew Expo is Puyallup. Perhaps she is moving on in her life and promoting quilting in different ways?

tate_elliott 01-28-2016 07:23 PM

I understand that they brought Mary in because they wanted to keep the hosts "in the family." But I think Marianne and Mary are great together. They have good rapport. Yes, Mary mugs a little, but my wife and I both like her. And as others have said, Mary will probably bring in young, new viewers

Tate

kaylfordsollimo 01-29-2016 04:21 AM

Having read all of the previous comments let me say this. My area no longer has any shows on PBS aside from the occasional Quilting Arts. Years ago there were a half dozen different ones that I taped while I was working at school and then watched with great delight over the weekend. I've seen Mary Fons with and without her mom, never with Liz Porter, and a variety of other guests, but these were all on You-tube videos. Got say, I'm a fan and 75 yrs old. I enjoy her personality and appreciate the attempts to draw in younger people. Wish her lots of success. Maybe the Fons and Porter want to slow down - even retire and enjoy life a bit.

Sew Freak 01-29-2016 04:45 AM

I will miss her and her show. I liked her little 'quirky' demeanor!!! And I really liked the mother/daughter rapport!!

2manyhobbies 01-29-2016 04:47 AM

She was criticized for her looks? I had to google her, as I don't watch the show. She looks darn good to me..i'll trade!
People can be so mean.

bneuen 01-29-2016 04:52 AM

I agree about less quilting shows. I learned so much from Alex Anderson's Simply Quilts when I first started quilting. I have also enjoyed Eleanor Burns and her show is no longer aired on RFD TV. The only one left, and it can be sporadic, is Fons and Porter so I hope it stays on the air. Always like to watch the shows as they are great ways to learn new techniques.

todiesmom 01-29-2016 05:12 AM

I watch the show frequently and it did take me a little while to get used to Mary but I now think she does a very good job and plays host to different people....Liz Porter has been on frequently and I also enjoy her. I think all three are master quilters and that is what it is all about....good instructions and learning..