Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Goals for the new year (AKA New Years' Resolutions...) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/goals-new-year-aka-new-years-resolutions-t30725.html)

Rose Hall 12-02-2009 09:48 AM

Has anyone started working on their goals for next year yet??? I don't call them resolutions. Resolutions are made to be broken, IMO. Goals are something I can aspire to all year long, pick myself up and keep trying.

These are my sewing related ones:
Here are mine so far:

1. Organize sewing room.
2. Finish Yankees quilt--DH's Christmas present.
3. Start on new baby quilt for baby due in May.
4. Make 2 more Christmas stockings, one for me and one for baby due in May.
5. Blue/white pinstripe curtians for nursery (if boy)
6. Crocheted blanket for new baby--burgundy if girl, blue/white if boy.
7.Christmas tree skirt--fleece just needs to be serged.
8. Crocheted (SP??) throw rugs made out of 2 1/2" strips.
9. 2 no sew fabric projects.
10. T-shirt applique project that has sort of been started.
11. Fabric calendar with new die cuts I hope to receive as Christmas presents!!!

Of course, I have the standard regular ones as well--you know,
lose weight, exerise more (with what free time???), increase advertising for business, replace deck on house, etc.

I will probably have more luck with the quilting ones!! LOL

Rose Hall

mimee4 12-03-2009 05:39 AM

You made me think about goals for myself. Don't know whether to thank you or not :lol:
Here are some of mine:

*****Use at least half of my stash for charity quilts so I have room for more fabric.
Make:
• Autumn colored quilt for Pearl
• Quilt with Seminole border for Sherry
• Purse for BF
• More for nearby camp for kids
• College one for graduating DGD

• Knit scarves and hats for missions

• Bed sack for DD

• Get cholesterol and blood sugar down

• Paint the inside of my house

bebe 12-03-2009 06:33 AM

Work on more of my UFO's and start using up my stash so i can buy more new fabric!!!!! Spend moretime sewing instead of wasting hoursdoing nothing.

Go back to the GYM and loose the last 60 pounds. I will be 50 next year and need to look good!!!!!

Find a job that is fulltime.

Get more computer savy!!!!

Quilt4u 12-03-2009 07:17 AM

Finish all my UFOs befor I start a new quilt.

Deb watkins 12-03-2009 08:56 AM

Goals???? Is it getting to be that time of year again? Patience is a huge one with me. (lead, follow or get out of the way - I know, not so nice sometimes when the time crunch is a factor) And not to be so critical of my quilting work. As most of us, try to get through the ufo/wip, while doing the new blocks and projects that just seem to pop into my mind while I am sleeping!!

Sugarpumpkin 12-03-2009 09:41 AM

I don't know if I can handle my list! LOL

-Build Stash (don't have one currently)
-Learn to knit better
-Make quilts & afghans planned for all family members for Christmas 2010
-Grow my jewelry and accessories business
-Learn to paper piece and hopefully make a NYB
-Make quilt for friend's baby (once I find out the sex) due in May
-Continue to make (and hopefully receive from others!) quilts for recently emancipated youth kicked out of the foster system (contact me if you want to learn more about donating lap quilts, quilt tops, or blocks)

And then the "regulars":
-Eat healthier
-Exercise more (would like to lose 10 lbs)

Boston1954 12-03-2009 09:49 AM

Oh, well......the quilting ones are more important anyway.....

MadQuilter 12-03-2009 10:24 AM

I'll just reuse the ones from years gone by. Actually, the only NY resolution I have is to not make a NY resolution. I'm standing a pretty good chance of succeeding.

kat112000 12-03-2009 10:32 AM

MadQuilter, I am with you!!!

SulaBug 12-03-2009 10:47 AM

My main goal is to put together my Christmas quilt, that I have been making this year with the BOM for 2009!! :D I am getting anxious to see how it will look when it's all done. Then I will think about all of the rest!! :wink: