Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Good morning what are you doing today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-morning-what-you-doing-today-t208361.html)

busy fingers 12-13-2012 11:37 AM

Good morning what are you doing today

Good morning all (it is 6.30 am here on Friday 14th) I have Friday's off work and I have lots and lots planned for my day off - maybe I would be better off at work - I sit down all day and get paid - LOL.

Firstly I have kicked hubby out of bed and stripped all the bedding off and it is in the wash. I am having a check of the QB - that is how I start each day - next off to sweep down the garden paths. Grab some breakfast and then onto cleaning down the window sills and polish my furniture. Jump into the shower then I am meeting 3 girlfriends for lunch. When I get home I hope to get sometime to do some sewing.

Whatever you do enjoy and have fun. I look forward to hearing about your day.

Tartan 12-13-2012 11:49 AM

Still Thursday here and just doing a bit of sewing. Mended some socks ( job I hate)and I did a few paper pieced blocks for my scrap quilt. I am nowhere near as industrious as you are.

Chasing Hawk 12-13-2012 11:50 AM

It's Thursday the 13th here in the States.

A trip to the post office (one of the many in the next few days) and the store.
Clean my mess up in the sewing room.
Then some sewing......no wait.......gotta take photos of gifts I made.
then onto sewing.........no forgot........Gotta box up the presents for shipping.
Now onto sewing..........no wait......Finish addressing the Christmas cards to be mailed.

Sneak into the sewing room......NOPE......nap time.......LOL
Oh well, I will dream about sewing then........haha

Have a wonderful day!

QuiltnNan 12-13-2012 12:56 PM

it's Thursday [already] and am still quilting the second quilt for my 2 DGKs presents... and i fly out of state on Tuesday, so they have to be labeled and bound. plus do the wash, pack, etc.

annthreecats 12-13-2012 01:13 PM

It's Thursday, 12/13 here in Florida. I'm working for another 45 minutes, then I'm going home to feed my pets, have my dinner, sew up a couple of gifts and get them wrapped and boxed up to mail tomorrow. I can't wait to get to my sewing machine.

Jingle 12-13-2012 02:25 PM

I'm still at work for another 45 minutes, then home, do a few chores. After I fix a bit for dinner, then I will start putting my D9P Quilt together. Hope to get it ready for quilting by Sunday. We are having some roof work done and cleaning too much will be a waste of time. I may decide to bake some cookies.

Nanamoms 12-13-2012 04:28 PM

It was Thursday, the 13th here all day!! I spent the morning on the computer visiting various sites to check out sales. Does anyone else put stuff in their "shopping carts", let it sit there for a while so you won't impulse buy???

Was sunny today so thought I might get out a while. Felt I needed a nap to have shopping energy. Woke up at 5:30 and convinced myself, it could wait until tomorrow!! Now back on computer....

Rose Marie 12-14-2012 08:16 AM

It is fri. and it snowed last night. Very pretty outside with the pines covered in snow.
Arizona white mountains area. First snow of the winter and only a few inchs.

busy fingers 12-14-2012 11:35 AM

Oh Rose Marie - snow how pretty. That is something that I never see here in Sydney. I would love to see a piccie please.

What did you end up with in your shopping cart Nanamoms?

Tartan you are very good to mend socks. Something that I must confess I have never done. :o

I hope that you finished all those jobs on your list Chasing Hawk. Sewing always seems to take back seat.

I hope that you finished the quilting and safe travels QuiltnNan.

Happy sewing Jingle and Annthreecats - I never feel motivated to sew of a night after work. I think because I stare at a computer screen day my eyes do not seem to want to adjust to finer work. I often knit squares for Wrap with Love while I watch TV.

It is now 6.30 am on Saturday morning and we are having our family Christmas day tomorrow. Our DIL's parents live 5 hours drive from Sydney and so my son and DIL are heading out there for Christmas day this year. Every second year we bring our family day forward. Today I am going to cook the turkey - that only leaves the vegies to be tackled tomorrow morning. Not my favourite job peeling all those potatoes and pumpkin.

Our family still has a traditional hot Christmas lunch - turkey , baked vegies, peas, gravy and cranberry sauce followed by Christmas pudding and custard. Even though the weather is quite hot there is nothing left on the plates.

Better get myself into gear and wrap those last minute gifts - I still have the binding to do on one tabletopper before I can wrap it.

Have a good day and enjoy whatever you do.

solstice3 12-15-2012 05:26 AM

I am responding Saturday morning. Watching the reports of the horrific tragedy in CT. I can't pray hard enough or long enough for all the victims