Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Good movie or tv show for quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-movie-tv-show-quilting-t235359.html)

beckyboo1 11-23-2013 04:45 PM

Good movie or tv show for quilting

Was wondering what might be a good movie or tv show to load on my Nook while I quilt. Probably shouldn't be something I need to have my eyes glued to or I might screw up my quilt LOL

dakotamaid 11-23-2013 04:49 PM

I listen to music or "watch" old reruns where I don't have to have my eyes on the screen.

Stitchnripper 11-23-2013 05:02 PM

It depends on what you like. You could probably google for the "genre" you like and see if it is available.

AndiR 11-23-2013 06:32 PM

I listen to audiobooks. Check with your local library, I signed up with mine and now can download anywhere I have an internet connection. Lots of good ones out there, depending on what type of stories you like.

Andi

Atomicdog 11-24-2013 06:03 AM

I also put on a fav movie I've see before so that I don't have to pay close attention. A movie will last longer than the tv show (don't have to stop to change the program as often!) and there's just a feel-good atmosphere sewing with an "old friend"!

Cindy

ManiacQuilter2 11-24-2013 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Atomicdog (Post 6421544)
I also put on a fav movie I've see before so that I don't have to pay close attention. A movie will last longer than the tv show (don't have to stop to change the program as often!) and there's just a feel-good atmosphere sewing with an "old friend"!

Cindy

I agree. I watch any movie or TV show that I have seen often enough that you don't miss anything because you know what is going to happen. Love to listen to PBS Masterpiece theatre such as Downton Abbey.

katesnanna 11-25-2013 05:00 AM

We have radio stations on our TV reception. There is a Jazz station that I love to listen to. I'll also listen to TV shows or movies just as background noise. If I really want to watch a show I'll sit in the lounge room and knit or hand sew.

sparkys_mom 11-25-2013 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by AndiR (Post 6421061)
I listen to audiobooks. Check with your local library, I signed up with mine and now can download anywhere I have an internet connection. Lots of good ones out there, depending on what type of stories you like.

Andi

That's what I do with my Kindle. Love it!! I used to check the CDs out of the library but they were often in horrible condition. Now I don't have to go to the library to check out or return as an added bonus.

Brandi 11-25-2013 06:56 AM

I guess I am strange, but I can either sew or watch TV. I can't do both. I can multitask everything else, but when it comes to sewing I have to have my undivided attention. Is anyone else like that or is just me? Maybe because I am a beginner at sewing.

wendiq 11-25-2013 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom (Post 6423265)
That's what I do with my Kindle. Love it!! I used to check the CDs out of the library but they were often in horrible condition. Now I don't have to go to the library to check out or return as an added bonus.

I've been listening to "FREE" library books while I quilt for ages......If I get so involved with my quilting that I miss a bit of my story, I can back it up and catch up. Not sure if they still do it, but when I originally set up my downloading ap from the library, someone there helped me do it right. I'm definitely NOT techie....:(