Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Good Ole Oklahoma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-ole-oklahoma-t113932.html)

Kimmy P 04-06-2011 06:35 AM

Where the Tea is Sweet and Accents are Sweeter, Summer Starts in April, Front Porches are Wide and Words are Long.
and Y'all is a Proper Pronoun.
The Catfish is fried, and served with red beans, fried taters, and green tomato relish. Biscuits come with homemade cream gravy, and okra is a main staple for supper in the summer time. Everything is honey and someone is Always Getting Their Heart Blessed. Yes, I am PROUD TO BE FROM OKLAHOMA!!!

erstan947 04-06-2011 07:09 AM

I was Born in Ada. I have always been proud to be from Oklahoma. I grew up in California but live in Louisiana by choice. My friend calls me a CIO (California improved Okie):)

Enchanted Quilter 04-06-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kimmy P
Where the Tea is Sweet and Accents are Sweeter, Summer Starts in April, Front Porches are Wide and Words are Long.
The Catfish is fried, and served with red beans, fried taters, and green tomato relish. Biscuits come with homemade cream gravy, and okra is a main staple for supper in the summer time. Everything is honey and someone is Always Getting Their Heart Blessed. Yes, I am PROUD TO BE FROM OKLAHOMA!!!

AGREE I live in Porter where the peaches are know world wide for their sweet & juicy flavor .Yes, I am PROUD TO BE FROM OKLAHOMA!!!

amma 04-06-2011 08:21 AM

I have very many fond memories of OK for these very same reasons :D:D:D

Navy Wife 04-06-2011 08:39 AM

DH is from Oklahoma. When we married 55 years ago, my Grandmother told me to watch out for the Indians. She was serious! We never lived there. There are no Navy bases!
Fortunately, people in GA where I was from talk the same and like the same foods.

Gramof6 04-06-2011 08:47 AM

Amen Sister! Born & lived in Okla for 57 years now. There are worse States to live in and I am sure there are better, but all in all, Oklahoma suits me just perfectly.

jaciqltznok 04-06-2011 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Kimmy P

yep, only that was all brought here from MISSISSIPPI!

tammy cosper 04-06-2011 09:28 AM

Very cute...and very real...
I'm proud to be a Oklahoman myself!
I've lived here all my life.
Tammy

jacee kay 04-06-2011 12:40 PM

me too. I'm very proud to be an Okie.

tealady 04-06-2011 05:34 PM

Amen, jaciqltznok!!!!! I'm a Mississippi girl too