Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The Good Wife (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-wife-t276973.html)

Geri B 03-22-2016 01:22 PM

The Good Wife

Watched the latest on demand yesterday....ah, program is taking a left turn with the heavy scenes...I'm not a prude, but don't really think this improves the quality of this program......going like the rest...if no sex, no go!

nativetexan 03-22-2016 05:29 PM

I can't believe the things they show during the day when kids would definitely be watching. No one seems to care anymore. shame.

slbram17 03-22-2016 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 7501786)
Watched the latest on demand yesterday....ah, program is taking a left turn with the heavy scenes...I'm not a prude, but don't really think this improves the quality of this program......going like the rest...if no sex, no go!

I believe this is the last season.

coopah 03-23-2016 05:00 AM

We (hubs and I) were turned off when Kalinda had some heavy scenes with another woman. How did THAT improve the program? Hello, TV writers? Hubs will not watch it. I tend to enjoy legal things, and so I still watch, but do not like the reactions to the daughter's Christianity or many of the innuendos in the program about how life should be lived. Hubs just added the Hallmark Mystery Channel to our TV service. We'll see how that works.
And how do you like the adds on the news at 6 PM with the couple in the bathtubs? Glad I have no young children to have to explain it.

Geri B 03-23-2016 05:27 AM

It seems all the tv hour long dramas are getting heavy..in one way or another...criminal minds is so bloody I really don't watch anymore, blacklist is so convoluted, I am so confused....,and since I really dislike the reality things......back to reading ........and more quilting...

nativetexan 03-23-2016 05:29 AM

one good reason to watch BBC or PBS for British shows!

ManiacQuilter2 03-23-2016 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 7501974)
I can't believe the things they show during the day when kids would definitely be watching. No one seems to care anymore. shame.

I agree, the quality of TV just seems to be going down the drain.

willferg 03-23-2016 07:09 AM

I've been sort of appalled for ads for a new series called "Younger," in which an older woman passes for much younger and "dates" a younger man. I have never watched it, but even the previews make me cringe.

tessagin 03-23-2016 08:15 AM

I think this was about the time we quit watching. It actually got quite boring. We aren't prudes either but just got really bored with the whole thing.

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 7502301)
We (hubs and I) were turned off when Kalinda had some heavy scenes with another woman. How did THAT improve the program? Hello, TV writers? Hubs will not watch it. I tend to enjoy legal things, and so I still watch, but do not like the reactions to the daughter's Christianity or many of the innuendos in the program about how life should be lived. Hubs just added the Hallmark Mystery Channel to our TV service. We'll see how that works.
And how do you like the adds on the news at 6 PM with the couple in the bathtubs? Glad I have no young children to have to explain it.

Jingle 03-23-2016 11:26 AM

About all I watch is HGTV or DIY channels. I like the American Pickers and a few innocent shows like that. Some commercials are down right uncalled for. I'm no prude, just think all subjects are not for airing on TV.