Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Good wishes needed for UK,Scottish and Irish quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-wishes-needed-uk-scottish-irish-quilters-t237313.html)

janedee 12-23-2013 08:55 PM

Good wishes needed for UK,Scottish and Irish quilters

A lot of the UK, Scotland and Ireland is again being battered by gales force winds and torrential rain, causing damage and flooding, I would just like to wish you all well , seems there will be a brief respite tomorrow and then its back with avengence on Friday do hope none of you are suffering the awful consequences of flooding, storm damage and hope you can all have a good Christmas. xx

Tartan 12-23-2013 09:04 PM

Oh dear, I hadn't heard about wicked weather in the UK. Lots of people here with ice and some without power.

DogHouseMom 12-23-2013 09:09 PM

My daughter just PM'd us about half hour ago (4:30 GMT). We asked why she was awake and she said that the winds are so bad they are constantly setting off the alarms at the pub (they run a pub) and all the cars on the street. She's down in London.

Prism99 12-23-2013 09:40 PM

Wow! Hadn't heard about that! Hope my Scottish stepson is able to make it to the UK for his brother's wedding.

It's so cold where we are, we may ask our daughter to postpone coming for Christmas Eve. When it's like this there is a lot of black ice on the roads.

Sunnye 12-24-2013 07:53 AM

Here's hoping that the weather calms down soon!
Happy Holidays to all.
Good luck.

Sewfine 12-24-2013 07:59 AM

Hope the weather calms down so you all can enjoy the Holidays. Here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, USA we just have high winds and a little cool temp. Well wishes to all and Merry Christmas.

Cornishlass 12-24-2013 08:27 AM

I have been following news of friends and family in Cornwall where they have been suffering a battering and many have been in danger of losing fresh and frozen food due to electricity outages. It is such a shame that it always seems to come at a time when people need to travel. Take care everyone.

tessagin 12-24-2013 08:32 AM

Prayers from the gulf so you may all have a peaceful Christmas. We have a cool temps going on but that's it. My children and grands live in Indiana and Michigan. Much cooler up there! Wishing and praying for the best of a Merry Christmas and other holidays.

GrammaNan 12-24-2013 08:51 AM

We suffered some horrible flooding here in Colorado in September. There are still people out of their homes. My thoughts and prayers are with you that the damage will be minimal and that everyone will be alright. Merry Christmas to all.

laceybritt 12-24-2013 09:15 AM

Having gone through power outages from hurricanes, my hearts goes out to all suffering through it. At least all we had to suffer was hot and humid, been cold would be much worse IMO.