Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Got my shot today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/got-my-shot-today-t156591.html)

carolynbb 09-28-2011 04:47 PM

I've had this method in the past. One year my arm was VERY stiff and sore for about 3 days. The next time is was fine after about 5 minutes of intense pain right after the shot. I haven't gotten my shot yet this year. Given the option I will probably go with the old fashion needle.

Mitch's mom 09-28-2011 04:54 PM

I'll pass.

qbquilts 09-28-2011 05:17 PM

I'll get mine in October sometime from my allergist. They offer the traditional shot. Since I get allergy shots, an extra shot doesn't bother me.

tsnana2000 09-28-2011 05:19 PM

I will be getting mine this year. I didn't get one last year and yep I got the flu. Missed 4 days of work the very first week of January. Nothing like using up almost half your sick time in the first month of the year. Lol

gramajo 09-28-2011 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Painiacs
Do u get one every year? If u have compromised immune system has it caused a problem???

I have rheumatoid arthritis. Because of my medications, I have a compromised immune system. My rheumatologist said I should have the flu shot every year. She also recommends the pneumonia vaccine. I think the pneumonia shot is once every 5 years (but I'm not sure). It has to be killed vaccine, not the live kind (nasal spray). I've never had any kind of reaction--just a sore, stiff arm for maybe a couple of days.

RenaB 09-28-2011 06:29 PM

Got a flu shot about 8 years ago and got sicker than I have ever been in my life. Decided it was not for me, never got the shot again, and haven't been sick since.

Ramona Byrd 09-28-2011 06:51 PM

I got a flu shot in about 1999 or 2000, along with most others in that area of the hospital I lost darn near the whole month of Feb with the flu. Never again.

I might think of it if someone can prove to me there is no mercury or alumainine in them for increasing the strength of the vaccines. Makes the company so much more money for less vaccine.

DebsShelties 09-29-2011 01:59 AM

Got my flu shot on my birthday, will do that from now on so I will remember.
Had the needle type shot - no reaction.

BeckyL 09-29-2011 03:36 AM

I got my flu shot as a standard injection earlier this month. I noticed that my arm was a bit sore on the second day after the shot and I felt a little under the weather. By the following day I had forgotten all about it. I get my flu shot every year as I am in a higher risk group.

I hope you hip replacement surgery goes well with a speedy recovery.

Wanabee Quiltin 09-29-2011 03:50 AM

They are selling the needle free shots at a local grocery chain here in St. Louis. We went to WalMart and there they sat with the needles so DH said "Let's do it now" so we did. Hurt 1 second and over. No pain, no itching. And Hopefully, no flu either.