Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Gotta Stop this!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gotta-stop-t217123.html)

LenaBeena 03-24-2013 07:02 AM

I see them everywhere, maybe from teaching Math for 40 years!

tessagin 03-24-2013 08:00 AM

I saw some photos on Facebook with reflections of landscapes on lakes (getaway properties) and they all looked like Bargello designs. LOL! Also being a realtor and seeing different properties I now see different quilt patterns. Run down buildings, some look like crazy quilts and wonky quilts. LOL!

carolynjo 03-24-2013 01:33 PM

It is easy to understand why Gunsmoke and Bonanza would have quilts in them. Think of the time in history they were portraying.

loves_2_quilt 03-24-2013 01:48 PM

The Merriot where we stay when we go see my father-in-law has a very intresting tile design in the bathroom...maybe a future quilt at my house!
D

Teddybear Lady 03-24-2013 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 5948703)
LOL! Quilters see quilts all the time.

I really didn't notice them until I joined this quilting board. Now I see them everywhere too! haha :D

caspharm 03-24-2013 03:19 PM

I see quilts in shows and laugh when I see the word "quilt" in any book I'm reading.

svenskaflicka1 03-25-2013 07:25 AM

i have a friend who does pottery--hers is hand thrown, hand carved celtic knotwork. her grandmother was a prolific quilter. since i have and use many of patty's pots, i'm tuned into pottery, as well as quilts. (she brings her things over for "show and tell" every time she has a new batch. i love having first opportunity to "pet" them! www.prrpots.com/) we are always giving each other movies or shows to watch for a certain scene that has quilt or pottery in it. those are the first things we seem to focus on!

SherriB 03-25-2013 09:26 AM

I love watching old shows or movies on Netflix and stopping it when I see a quilt. My kids think their Momma is nuts. LOL!!

MimiBug123 03-25-2013 02:19 PM

I love ID! My DH says I watch it to get ideas as to how to knock him off! I thought I was the only one who sees quilts everywhere. I did take a picture of a design in a tile floor, thinking that it would be a great center block for a quilt. I'm so glad phones have cameras now! LOL

Nanamoms 03-25-2013 03:53 PM

[QUOTE=MimiBug123;5954017]I love ID! My DH says I watch it to get ideas as to how to knock him off!

This is so funny...my sister and I say the same thing although she has a hubby and I don't! But she says the suspect(s) get caught and I tell her that I see "what they did wrong" and won't repeat their errors!! She doesn't see quilting because she doesn't quilt...but she is a "know it all" (said with utmost love! LOL) so we have to analyze everything on the show!! She does have one redeeming grace...she sews and machine embroiders and has the big expensive machines!!