Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Grown Up/Adult coloring books? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/grown-up-adult-coloring-books-t272871.html)

BETTY62 12-01-2015 04:15 PM

I was recently introduced to them when my DH had surgery. I was amazed at the number of adults who reduced their stress level by coloring in them during and after their loved ones surgery. The art work in the books was awesome and it became even more so after being colored.

lynnie 12-01-2015 04:25 PM

I got my son one of Asian designs and some nice coloring pencils. I hope he enjoys it. I want one for myself. the stocking is beautiful. I think a lot of people will be getting them or Chistmas this year.

Vat 12-02-2015 03:46 AM

I used to love to color (when I was very young and not married about 60 years ago) but I don't think I have time for that now. I did try Zentangle and was a nervous wreck. If I am just sitting I am usually sewing bindings, embroidery , etc.

Sandygirl 12-02-2015 04:07 AM

Great idea for home bound, assisted living residents, nursing home residents who are able. Even dementia patients. A neurologist prescribed coloring books for adults ..for the MIL of a friend who suffers from dementia. Focus, relaxation, etc. Therapeutic!

sandy

quilttiger 12-02-2015 04:40 AM

I found a couple coloring books with floral and leafy designs; some of them are great inspirations for free motion quilting designs! It's fun :o

ShirlR 12-02-2015 04:46 AM

I bought several books for Xmas presents this year. One I thought was particularly interesting is put out by Dover Coloring Books, (www.doverpublications.com) and is called "Tiffany Designs" containing 16 pages of Louis Comfort Tiffany's designs. The pages are perforated for easy removal, are on translucent paper and you can color on both sides of the page, creating interesting color combinations. If you color only one side, they can even hang in your window as color catchers. They can be colored with crayons, felt-tipped pens, acrylics and watercolors. (This one is for a person who likes Tiffany lamps.)

Debbie C 12-02-2015 04:49 AM

I already bought one for myself and several as Christmas gifts. Coloring brings me back to simpler times.

Yooper32 12-02-2015 05:06 AM

See, you were supposed to have that particular book and there are a plethora of them out there. Yes, neck-hair raising. I have succumbed to buying one. Haven't had time to play though.

Aurora 12-02-2015 05:33 AM

We started a coloring group for Adults only. We color two hours in the afternoon (1:30 - 3:30 p.m.) and two hours in the evening (5:30 - 7:30 p.m.), the second Thursday every month. I am happy to report that my coloring skills have matured and improved over the years. It is lots of fun and very relaxing.

I have purchased several books on line from Dover and Amazon. However, I have downloaded lots of coloring pages on a heavier printing paper and they are fun and easy to color for practice (coloring has evolved so much since I used crayons, it is fun to experiment with different mediums). CAUTION: It is addictive like quilting.

Diannia 12-02-2015 07:02 AM

I have several...ok a lot of them. I have also invested in markers and colored pencils...now if I just had more time to actually USE them it would be great! Between work, family, church, and my other hobbies I don't quite seem to find the time...but there is always hope after Christmas!