Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Grr change in YAHOO (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/grr-change-yahoo-t154807.html)

arimuse 09-22-2011 07:14 AM

I hate Yahoo in general, just for being what it is. I have a gmail acct I hardley use bcus its a "newie" type of acct.

lately yahoo put up several screens I have to click thru to sign in trying to force me to download the "new yahoo". 2 days ago, they put up a screen that had no way around unless I downloaded - which I wouldnt. I finally hit the help button and after foundering around there found a very sm print line saying "go to my email" - which let me into my mail, but I was so POed by then I went back to help found "contact us" (which has no way to contact them, but is a FAQ area.)

Finally found a contact window and let loose on them , and have not had any problems signing in since. I do not know if its too hard (ie: expensive) to allow them to keep 2 email setups - simple and "modern", or what. If they would explain it maybe I wouldnt mind switching - however

I have no social media accounts anywhere that I use, I do not want to link other email accts, I do not want any live feeds, streaming skypey stuff, music, and alllll the other nonsense that the world seems to not be able to live w/o these days.

I love letters, I love to write to those people to whom I'm close and live far away. Stamps are super expensive so email to me is just a letter w/o the stamp. They don't seem to get that.

There is an ipad or electronic thingie commercial running now where people sitting around a confrence table are making fun of the guy who doesnt have the product. One line is: "Me carl, me use pencil," grunts like a caveman; "sorry i'm late, I was in the 16th century looking for Carl's pen".
Yeah, real funny - except, when the electricity goes out and all the techno stuff turns into paperweights. Or, when you're somewhere where theres no service (way too many places ) or your batteries die, or when the device itself just dies.
I have a reader, hubs has the bells and whistles phone, between us we have 1 desktop, 3 laptops, 2 terrabyte back ups, 1 ipod, 1 zune, and I still get my best, creative ideas with a sketchpad and pencil, crayolas and colored pens with windchimes in the backgrd. I have a sm notepad and pen/pencil in every purse, and in my sewing rm and bedrm. Whatever this product is will never end up in my home this commercial offends me so- whew, had to get that off my chest, :P sharet

nativetexan 09-22-2011 07:48 AM

I've not updated yet. won't until i must!! so far, i just get into my email as usual.

leiladylei54 09-22-2011 07:59 AM

I thought I was the only one who was having trouble. If I open one email and view it, then when I try to go back and open another, I can't do it. Have to close the email and log in again to the email and then can view the next email....what a chore to do this over and over again!!!

Quiltbeagle 09-22-2011 08:50 AM

I'm a holdout and refuse to change to the new mail until they force me. I've heard of too many problems with it.

texpat45 09-22-2011 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle
I'm a holdout and refuse to change to the new mail until they force me. I've heard of too many problems with it.

I'm with you! Ain't changin till they make me!