Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   GRRRR Day of and can't quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/grrrr-day-cant-quilt-t251305.html)

litacats 08-04-2014 03:57 AM

GRRRR Day of and can't quilt

I have all day tomorrow at home and had hoped to spend some time quilting lo and behold the power company decide to cut of the power to do some maintenance so all day 7.30 AM till 4.30 PM no power, grrr and double grrr grrrr. OH well I will have to fondle my material and dream of the next quilt.

PurplePassion 08-04-2014 03:59 AM

You can still cut out fabric for your next quilt.

francie yuhas 08-04-2014 06:57 AM

You could make some hexies

Geri B 08-04-2014 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by litacats (Post 6831064)
I have all day tomorrow at home and had hoped to spend some time quilting lo and behold the power company decide to cut of the power to do some maintenance so all day 7.30 AM till 4.30 PM no power, grrr and double grrr grrrr. OH well I will have to fondle my material and dream of the next quilt.

Wow, that is interesting...wonder if that is done anywhere here in USA? In storm damage I can see it, but just to do maintenance seems a bit heavy....

quiltstringz 08-04-2014 07:58 AM

I think they need to re-schedule. Have you told them how important this is it to you LOL Actually it would be a great time to pick out a project and fabrics from your stash or if you have something picked out get it all organized and cut - that is of course unless you need to iron the fabric before cutting. Oh well I am sure you will think of something.

JudyTheSewer 08-04-2014 09:58 AM

I'm thinking you need to get yourself a treadle sewing machine for these situations!! :D

GrammaNan 08-04-2014 11:36 AM

How frustrating. I had that happen to me years ago as well as had the water turned off at the same time. My kids were little and it was hard. On the bright side: I would look through my quilt magazines or do some hand sewing. Make the best of it! (I now have a treadle.)

Jan in VA 08-04-2014 11:48 AM

Good grief, ALL DAY?!! :shock:

I can't imagine how inconvenient that must be for people with small babies, old persons on oxygen, late night workers who sleep daytime with a CPAP machine, those who only can do certain electric-requiring chores on that particular day, at-home businesses, and hospitals. I've never heard of such a thing here in the US.

I hope you are at a time of year where the weather temperatures are cooperative for comfort, at least!

Jan in VA, where I'm thankful for air conditioning today. :)

litacats 08-04-2014 05:20 PM

no power no water, we need the power as our water is pumped into the house, so we have buckets on hand for the toilet, saucepans are full for cuppas as is the thermos, at least we have gas and matches, I suppose we can be thankful for small mercy's and at least they did notify us in advance, this is the third time in 4 weeks that they have done this to us, it is freezing cold here no power no airconditioning, at least it is warming up a bit outside, but first thing I have to clean the cattery and do the litter trays just need to let it warm up a bit more first. then I will try to get creative

Purpleprint 08-04-2014 06:24 PM

I understand your frustration, we had a new pole put in so not only no power but men in the yard and lots of noise BUT I do love having electricity.