Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Guess what followed my dog home? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/guess-what-followed-my-dog-home-t229740.html)

Emma S 09-08-2013 05:11 PM

I have a pit/lab mix. Extremely affectionate. I am a single woman but I have thought about getting a companion dog for him. He is a love but he is very high energy and loves other dogs. When I see your Charlie with the "stray" I can't help but think it is a great match. Please let us know how it all turns out.

Mdaniels 09-08-2013 05:21 PM

I agree, he looks at least partially part border collie. I have a red and white BC, looks a lot like this guy.

My BC is a great dog. Quite smart.

Nanny's dollface 09-09-2013 03:52 AM

First morning - came downstairs for my first cup of coffee.before getting ready for work.and found slider open. Heard snoring, saw dog toys strewn across the floor of the den. There was my DH sleeping on the sofa and the pup playing on the floor. DH woke up and said , oh he's been out several times and he's been having fun with the toys.
DH never made it to bed last night.
Today will call around different animal services. I do hope we can reunite the pup to the owner and bring some happiness. DH still insists the pup was abandoned. I'll let you all know how this unfolds when I return from work today. Thanks

Jingle 09-09-2013 05:41 AM

I thought border collies were black and white, only color I have seen. I didn't know which dog was the found one. Maybe some Irish Setter, they are red. He is darling. Hiking his leg could be a sign he needs to be neutered. If it isn't done soon it will become a habit. You both have a wonderful heart to keep him if you can't find his home.

farmquilter 09-09-2013 05:57 AM

The little guy looks just like my Sophie, she is from a yellow Lab Mom and a Corgie daddy. She does not have the docked tail but her face looks exactly like your puppy. Her color is about the same as well, she is now 14 months old and a great friend and wrestling buddy for 6 year old full chocolate Lab Ben. Ben was a neighborhood rescue in 2009 and he now is like a puppy with Sophie but still has lots of issues from his life before.
The last photo you posted of them looks like they had been having a fun time, lots of tongue and in need of a break. I am thinking Charlie votes for him to stay so he can have someone to play with.

mighty 09-09-2013 06:17 AM

So cute, I would keep him.

quiltmom04 09-09-2013 06:37 AM

Please either take him to a vet or the SPCA to see if he has been "chipped". He may be carrying the information you need to get him back to his owner. Even if you don't want to turn him over to the SPCA, at least call them to tell them you have found this puppy in case someone has called them to report him missing. I volunteer at our local SPCA and I know they do everything they can to return a dog to its owner.

BDawn 09-09-2013 06:46 AM

No, Border Collie's are not only black and white. They can also be red. They can have lope ears, prick ears also smooth coat or rough coat. The more that I look at her I really think she has Border Collie and the body and legs speak corgi, but the tail throws me and this is just my thoughts. She is sure sweet looking.

Mdaniels 09-09-2013 06:54 AM

Aussie tail?

quiltmom04 09-09-2013 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6281336)
keep him for now, his days will be numbered t a shelter

I'm not sure why you think that! For some reason, people think if it takes more than X amount of time to have an animal find a home, the animals are euthanized, and thats just not so. I volunteer at our local SPCA, and they do everything possible to help abandoned and surrendered dog and cats find a new home. There are lots of breed specific rescue groups that help find homes. Many people are willing to foster an animal till it's adopted, and often the foster family adopts it. Yes, some animals are euthanized, but staff and volunteers at the SPCA LOVE animals, and do not euthanize animals quickly unless they are dangerous or it's medically necessary. An adorable dog like this one should have no trouble finding a new home!