Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Had an excellent forty-something birthday.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/had-excellent-forty-something-birthday-t21440.html)

quiltwoman 06-16-2009 02:08 PM

We took the younger of my 3 boys to the Great Wolf Lodge for the weekend. The kindy guy LOVED it. My high schooler took a buddy and it was.."OKAY".

When I got home, we had cake. My oldest son had done my birthday shopping. He proudly presented it to me in a grocery bag. He got me the Underground Railroad Quilt book. He said he picked something he'd like me to make for him. My middle son picked a pineapple quilt book for me and said he'd like that quilt. How well do my kids know me?? :lol:

My little guy got me 2 water lillies for my pond and my wonderful, thoughtful dh, who actually listens to me, got me horseback riding lessons. I have to admit, I was completely surprised by all of them. I truly felt like they went out of the way to make me know how much I really am loved. :shock: :shock:

Ninnie 06-16-2009 02:13 PM

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it was a wonderful day.

quilter1962 06-16-2009 02:16 PM

Julie

What a great bunch of boys you have there. It's a wonderful feeling when they reach the age where they actually take on board what you REALLY like. LOL.
URR book is lovely I treated myself to it - one day I shall get around to making the blocks, you ought to see the ones that have been made here on this board.
A pineapple book - sorry I don't know that one - your have to post me a picture LOL.
Mind your bottom horse riding - but don't forget to enjoy.

Oh BTW Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you. :wink:

Tisha

amma 06-16-2009 02:18 PM

Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like your family really went out of their way to make your birthday special :D :D :D

Rhonda 06-16-2009 02:27 PM

Happy Birthday!!! Glad you had such a wonderful day! I am envious of such wonderful sons and DH. Mine don't even acknowledge my birthday!

What wonderful gifts!!!!

Chele 06-16-2009 02:46 PM

Happy birthday! Such thoughtful gifts! And some from teenagers! I hope you are proud of your boys. You made them right! Keep up the good work and enjoy your birthday!

beachlady 06-16-2009 03:06 PM

Happy Birthday! Those were all such nice gifts. Enjoy your riding lessons!!!

Piedmont Quilter 06-16-2009 03:12 PM

Happy Birthday Julie. If you went to the Great Wolf Lodge in Concord - you were about 25 minutes from my house. Where in NC are you from? Was the lodge "all you expected"?

MollieSue 06-16-2009 03:34 PM

Happy Birthday, Julie!!! What wonderful DH & kids you have!!! :D :D

Ducky 06-16-2009 04:14 PM

Julie, Happy Birthday (sounds like belated...) Hope you had a grand time at the lodge. I laughed about the quilt books matching the quilts they want to have.....hmmmmm, coincidence? I think not. I would like to get a pineapple book -- they look fun.