Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Had a good day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/had-good-day-t162331.html)

athomenow 10-22-2011 05:31 AM

Have you ever been out doing all your errands and run into lots of nice friendly people. Doesn't happen to me all that much but yesterday in three different places I had people do random acts of kindness to me.
I bought a sweeper for my son and it was a very large box. The lady in the next car saw me struggling and helped me get the box in my car. Then in Penney's outlet a lady turned to me and asked if I wanted to use her 25% discount. After a trip to Sams and many big things to load in the car a lady loading her car saw me struggling again and unloaded my cart while I put things in the trunk. I was almost overcome at that point. So many nice people in one day? I need to be much nicer in my daily dealings! God was giving me a poke in the head. How about you? Any nice strangers come your way lately?

Quiltbeagle 10-22-2011 05:56 AM

I'm usually the one helping if the person looks like they need it. Was raised that way.

IrishNY 10-22-2011 06:46 AM

I try to help when I can but am often helped too. Sometimes it's as small as just having someone hold a door for me when my arms are full, often bigger. It is a wonderful momentary connection to the good in humanity for me and I am grateful every time, no matter if it's a big or small act.

mamaw 10-22-2011 06:52 AM

Wow, that is not a common occurance in today's society. You were trully blessed.

crafty pat 10-22-2011 08:29 AM

There are so many wonderful people around. It sure makes you feel good to find them.

pocoellie 10-22-2011 11:12 AM

Our whole town is friendly. You buy groceries, even a couple of things, they carry it out for you.

wolfkitty 10-22-2011 12:14 PM

I make it a point to thank someone whenever they hold the door open for me. I don't understand why a woman feels the need to get all huffy, as some do, proclaiming that they are capable of opening their own door. So am I, but it is a nice courtesy to have a gentleman, or another woman, hold it open a couple extra seconds while I get there. I also hold it for someone else if it looks like they may need it or appreciate it.

BrendaY 10-22-2011 12:56 PM

Grey hair seems to encourage kindness from younger folks!

nycquilter 10-22-2011 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle
I'm usually the one helping if the person looks like they need it. Was raised that way.

ditto. I really do try to either do: random acts of kindness or to pay it forward. I've been really blessed in my life so I think I must share. my mom was like that and passed it to me!

Honeynga 10-23-2011 07:08 AM

I was at local Home Depot a few months ago to buy a floor fan; managed to get it in cart, to check out and was headed to car...heard footsteps...heart pounded !

This really nice clean cut looking kid came up to me and asked if he could help me put fan in my car !!!! I tried to tip him and he wouldn't take it....said he was sitting in car waiting for Dad and thought I might need help ! Wish I could of brought him home and had him carry it down the stairs to my apt, but oh well, he did a great job !

On the other hand, I try to assist other folks as much as possible. In the grocery store parking lot I'll offer to take carts back to store; offered to help reach something for someone in a motorized cart thing....even though I'm 64, at at the present have a fractured bone in my foot, at least I can do something !