Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   hail! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hail-t53279.html)

Scissor Queen 07-07-2010 07:28 AM

We made the actual move Sunday night. We got caught in a huge hail storm on I-70 just west of Limon Colorado. The insurance adjuster was just here and he said my car has so much damage it'll total it and hubby's pickup has about 6 thousand in damage.

I'm still really, really happy to be here though.

raptureready 07-07-2010 07:30 AM

Glad you weren't hurt. Cars and trucks can be replaced or fixed. People take longer to heal.

Pam 07-07-2010 07:30 AM

Girl, sounds like that insurance company had better build you a garage, too! Holy cow, must have been quite a storm.

JanetM 07-07-2010 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
We made the actual move Sunday night. We got caught in a huge hail storm on I-70 just west of Limon Colorado. The insurance adjuster was just here and he said my car has so much damage it'll total it and hubby's pickup has about 6 thousand in damage.

I'm still really, really happy to be here though.

I am so glad you made it back to CO. I sure do remember those hail storms :shock: Like they say in CO..."If you don't like the weather, just wait for 10 minutes, it'll change" ;)

sewcrafty 07-07-2010 07:49 AM

OMG!! You are sooo lucky. I'm very glad to hear that you're alright!!

amma 07-07-2010 07:52 AM

WOW!!! Glad you weren't hurt!!!

sharon b 07-07-2010 07:55 AM

Hey the important thing is everyone is safe :thumbup:

Can you buy the car back from the insurance company ? In Indiana they let you buy it for little money, and since it is just cosmetic damage , that is if you want to keep it :wink:

Scissor Queen 07-07-2010 07:56 AM

It was an extremely scary experience. I had my niece with me and my granddaughter was with my son in the pickup and of course they were both on the passenger side and the hail came down from that direction. The adjuster told me some of the dents on my car were from larger than baseball size hail. I was scared the side windows would get broken out and one of the girls would get hurt.

Being of sound mind I paid for the insurance on the U-Haul. The lady where we turned the truck in told me the windshield would have cost 446.00 and she didn't know how much the roof of the truck would have cost. The whole roof of that truck will have to be replaced. All I can say is do not ever rent a U-Haul without the insurance!!! The insurance was only 55 bucks.

littlehud 07-07-2010 08:01 AM

Wow, that is horrible. I'm just glad you are all OK and made it there. Anything else can be replaced. Take care.

Jim's Gem 07-07-2010 08:15 AM

I'm sorry you had to experience the hail while on the road. I remember when we first moved to Denver area and it started hailing. DH and I looked at each other and raced to the garage moving everything we could and pulling in the newest car and moving the other onto the grass under a tree. I have see what hail can do to a car, it is not pretty!!!