Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hancock Fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hancock-fabrics-t199073.html)

Cagey 08-30-2012 05:37 AM

Hancock Fabrics

I was very pleasantly surprised at the selection of fabric at Hancocks. First time I've visited this store. The fabric prices were very reasonable and 40% off. Not a very large selection of quilting notions or books but loved the fabric. Anyone else shop there?

quiltsRfun 08-30-2012 05:50 AM

Hancock's is where I get most of my fabric. Look for their Spot the Bolt section. You can find some really good deals there. I recently got some fabric for $2/yard. It's a good place to look for backings. I've signed up for their fliers and shop the sales. I usually stock up on needles and such when their notions are 50% off.

TanyaL 08-30-2012 06:03 AM

I just bought enough beautiful silk for a blazer and slacks on sale for 70% off! Then enough other fabric for 3 blouses and some absolutely wonderful wool for a blazer. Everything was only $80!! Best of all it was only part of a gift card one son had given me for Mother's Day. I am going to be so ready for fall. I'm really doing the happy dance. I just love Hancock's.

nygal 08-30-2012 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cagey (Post 5478661)
I was very pleasantly surprised at the selection of fabric at Hancocks. First time I've visited this store. The fabric prices were very reasonable and 40% off. Not a very large selection of quilting notions or books but loved the fabric. Anyone else shop there?

There are NO Hancocks fabric stores on my end of the state at all. I went in one when I visited my SIL and it reminded me of Joanns which I love!! I wish we had one here.

MattieMae 08-30-2012 09:41 AM

I also think Hancocks and Joanns are similar, Hancocks being smaller scale. They used to be located close to each other, too.

Chasing Hawk 08-30-2012 09:47 AM

I love shopping at Hancock's and JoAnn's.
I used to live across the highway from a Hancock's textile plant.

quiltingcandy 08-30-2012 09:48 AM

There was one in Fresno I would go to when we went to Yosemite, but I believe it moved or is gone. We don't have them in San Diego county that I could find. So would always visit the one in Lynnwood WA, but it was gone the last time I went up there. Just found one is near our timeshare in Las Vegas, so I am looking forward to checking it out when we go there in March for the Mountain West Basketball Tournament. Go SDSU!

I used to order my sports fabric thru them on-line and they always sent a 1/3 of a yard when I ordered 1/4. And they were always very prompt.

Grannyh67 08-31-2012 04:28 AM

I love Hancocks and they have great sales. That is where I buy most of my fabric and notions. They are always having great sales. We used to have a JoAnn's but has been gone for many years same as Cloth World. I loved that store as well. Hancocks is the only place you can ger Fabric here except one Sewing Machine Shop, it is also great. I also buy some fabric at Wal Mart. They have some good pieces too. :)

joyce j 08-31-2012 05:56 AM

I do some shoping at Hancocks , but I do a lot on line also. joyce j

Noiseynana 08-31-2012 07:48 AM

I went just yesterday. They just moved into a new larger store. I was there for over an hour. For me thats a long time as I have a bad leg. But , they had fabric up to the 14 ft ceiling . Holy cow. I've never seen so much fabric. But along with the move the prices moved up too. I intended to purchase some fabric but the prices were too high for me. I'd rather they go back to the smaller store and lower prices.