Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Happy Anniversary!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/happy-anniversary-t84286.html)

Parrothead 12-22-2010 09:27 AM

Happy Day to you. We just celebrated our 25th and it is a 3rd time around for both of us also. Funny sometimes it takes a long time to find that soul mate. I raised my girls by myself and spent many years single. Said I would NEVER get married again (abusive ones also) and then my best friend asked me to marry him.

Greendragon6889 12-22-2010 01:01 PM

Congratulations...Dosen't matter the number..When it's right it's right..I'm still on number one and 33 yrs.

marknfran 12-22-2010 07:50 PM

Congratulations!!!! On the 12th my hubby and I celebrated our 35th year. He had been married 3 times before (totalling 11 years) and I had been married once (lasting almost a year). When we met, it was with the intentions of friends only.....!!!! UH, Yeh......four months later we were engaged and another 3 we were married. The years have gone fast and loved every bit of it!!!I think we learned a lot from experience before we met and could communicate! Again, congratulations! :thumbup:

Pins n' Ndls 12-22-2010 08:08 PM

Happy Anniversary . A good marriage is becoming a rare thing these days. We are in our 56th year of wedded bliss ! He deserves a medal. LOL I can be a little much sometimes. I was born under the sign of LEO so what can you expect. Hope you both have many more years together.

katcincinnati 12-22-2010 10:24 PM

Congratulations, the 21st was my 20th anniversary, my third marriage and his second. The first cheated on me and the second was married to three woman at the same time.

QuiltDraggon 12-22-2010 10:41 PM

Happy anniversary to you. It was my 19th anniversary and first marriage for both of us. You don't hear of people being married very long any more so that is a great accomplishment!

Granny Charley 12-23-2010 03:38 PM

Yes you should go for 3. I did and the 3rd one is really a charm. We have been together for 31 years and married for 27.

dkabasketlady 12-23-2010 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
congratulations to you...I quit after 2 tries...maybe I should hold out for the 3rd...Congrats on the anniversary.

I didn't think that I'd get remarried again after what I'd been thru before with the other two, but YES, third time is a CHARM!!! I thank my lucky stars that he chose me as his wife. Lord knows I gave him a rough way to go and still do at times, but he's still with me and we make it work.

kwiltkrazy 12-23-2010 05:10 PM

Congrats, and continued success. They say third time is the charm. It was for my mom and dad, they were both married 2 times before. They were married for 30 years when my dad died.
It was a yours mine and ours family, but everybody was his child, we were really lucky love struck him, he took on four kids, and raised them as his own. The oldest was 6 years old we he and mom got married, I was three. Miss him to this day, he was the only father I ever had.

Dee 12-23-2010 09:03 PM

Congrats!