Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Happy box to AF. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/happy-box-af-t104732.html)

granma1 03-03-2011 03:32 PM

DH and I have just mailed the umpteenth box to our DD in AF.We went to Walmart and spent and hr. looking for stuff that we take for granted like tissue and paper clips. I also send her flannel PJ pants to wear in the barraks when off duty. I have a lot of flannel and just saw the post about the fires in Amarillo. I am sending out a box tomorrow to them. Please ,don't forget our troops overseas. They need our help too. God bless our troops.

Quiltforme 03-03-2011 03:37 PM

March 12th we are sending 250 boxes we will never forget them. They are my heros and I love them all!!

lisainmo 03-03-2011 03:38 PM

Ohhhh I send a box every other week to my son and the others in his area. We take alot for granted being here. Thank your DD for her service for me.. I am looking forward to April when my DS will be home in the states for a little while anyway. Prayers for all the service people!

lisainmo 03-03-2011 03:38 PM

Thank you Jade for all you do for the men and women that are serving our country!

Quiltforme 03-03-2011 03:40 PM

I thought someone was joking a few years ago when they asked for diaper wipes. Then I was told they were for bathing. Just makes me value things so much more!!

Quiltforme 03-03-2011 03:41 PM

what I do is a tiny speck of sand compared to what you son and granma1's daughter does. Since my husband and I cannot serve it is our way to give back and support them :)

Originally Posted by lisainmo
Thank you Jade for all you do for the men and women that are serving our country!

SherriB 03-03-2011 03:44 PM

When my sister was in Iraq a few years ago, we sent boxes to her every week. If anyone one in her platoon needed something, I did my best to send it to them. Our military men and women sacrifice so much for us that I felt honored to be able to help them.

Cat18 03-03-2011 04:19 PM

Just sent a box of quilting fabric today to a quilting group stationed in Afghanistan! God bless them all!

Ramona Byrd 03-03-2011 04:25 PM

When my son was serving for 5 years on the Harry E. Yarnell, he asked me to either send him enough for lots of his friends. Said that most guys didn't get anything from home at all, so sure did like the stuff he and other lucky ones rec from home. He said when he got a package, he took it to his bunk and could almost feel the ship sinking on his side because of all the guys who "Just happened" to be going his way then.

sweet 03-03-2011 04:29 PM

Farm Quilter here is collecting 12" finished (12 1/2" unfinished) red white and blue blocks to send to her daughters group overseas. I believe she has 2 daughters serving!

I need to get my rwb together!