Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/happy-canadian-thanksgiving-t282893.html)

Trisher 10-09-2016 12:54 PM

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend my Canadian quilting friends! We are celebrating today. Just twelve of us today. But a very special twelve!

Turkey, meatballs, mashed potatoes, stuffing, beets and carrots (from our garden!) broccoli, salad, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls and of course, gravy. I love this meal... and any variations.... but you can't beat turkey and mashed potatoes.

Pumpkin and pecan pies for dessert.

I am thankful for my faith, my family, my health, my country... and the list goes on. How about you?

Cotton Mama 10-09-2016 01:06 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada! We in the US are thankful for our very nice neighbors to the north.

M.Elizabeth 10-09-2016 02:04 PM

Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and joyous, as you expected. The food sounds wonderful!

thimblebug6000 10-09-2016 02:07 PM

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving right back to you Trisher! We are having our turkey tomorrow but similar menu.... only we use the garlic butter in our mashed potatoes... and dd makes a cranberry sauce with orange in it..... I am trying a new salad recipe this year with cauliflower, carrots, red onions, parsley and a white wine vinegar/oil/dijon dressing... hope it is good! There are so many things in our lives to be thankful for... family, friends and health for sure!

Tartan 10-09-2016 02:11 PM

Our Thankgiving meal will be tomorrow. I was going to do turkey and stuffing but my son had a special request for my meat pies instead. Pumpkin pies are baked and in the fridge. Meat pies are made but I will bake them tomorrow. We are having mashed potatoes/gravy, steamed broccoli and baked sweet potatoes. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by family and friends!

julybaby8 10-10-2016 04:45 AM

Happy Thanksgiving . We 've been invited out. So I 'm taking desserts.

Walter'sMom 10-10-2016 06:23 AM

Our gang celebrated yesterday with turkey and all the fixin's. Highlight for me was watching my 92 Dad totally entranced by his just 3 month old great great nephew - brought joy to my heart and a bit of a tear to my eye too. Love my extended family.

Watson 10-10-2016 09:13 AM

Thank you!
Doing turkey and the works for supper with cheesecake for dessert.

Watson

mac 10-10-2016 11:22 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends. I was there one year on your Thanksgiving and was surprised to see that you celebrate it with such a similar menu to ours.

I am very thankful to have my friends to the North. Enjoy.

lots2do 10-10-2016 05:00 PM

Happy Thanksgiving from me too! My son went to college in Halifax and loved it there.