Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Happy Ending--Get your Kleenex (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/happy-ending-get-your-kleenex-t20849.html)

beachlady 06-02-2009 05:33 AM

Such a sad story. Glad it has a happy ending though.

My Mom died sitting on the sofa and her dog stayed right next to her until my poor Dad realized she was dead. Poor Dad did not even realize he should call 911 - he went in search of the family doc who lived on the next strret! Doc wasn't home so he came home and went to the neighbors and told them that he thought his wife was dead. They called 911 for him. I then inherited her dog as my Dad really couldn't take care of him.

MollieSue 06-02-2009 05:45 AM

Oh Gai, so happy for Paige!!! Brandon must be very loving for Paige to take to him so fast, and trust him. Sounds like you made a very good choice! :-)

Our two collie muttleys are both from a rescue. Mollie, who we've had for almost three years now, is still really skitterish around any guys, even my sons still. Squeakers still has food issues, we have to have separate dishes as she quards/hoards her food. Whatever they've went through in their previous life, they've yet to get fully over it. I'll never believe they don't have the same feelings as we do!

K3n - love the picture of Dougal, looking over his shoulder at the chickens!! lol!!!!!!!! :D

Mousie 06-02-2009 05:51 AM

Gai,....sniff, sniff...bawwwwww!!!!
from sad to happy... :cry: - :D :!:
How did they know to call you?
I bet your just the best nurse, too!
I know you make a good friend...sniff, sniff...hugs!!!
Will you get to see Paige again? So glad she went to nephew.
That was the bravest, kindest thing, to do what was right for her.
oh, bawwwwwww......you brought my softie side out.... :)

Ducky 06-02-2009 06:09 AM

That's so touching. That poor, poor dog. I don't remember all the details, but sometime last year a man collapsed and died on a hike with his two dogs (labs or Irish Setters???) Anyway, the man was reported missing and wasn't found for over a week. And, same as Paige, both dogs were found laying next to the man "protecting" him. I guess the rescuers had to be very gentle to able to get to him. And every so often I think of those dogs and wonder what lasting trauma they have, and I pray that they are happy. I hope Paige and your nephew develop a very close bond and that she can feel that honest love again.

Joan 06-02-2009 07:25 AM

You know that you're an angel for taking and providing for this sweet dog. Dogs do get traumitized just like people. We saw someone in a car "dump" a little black poodle and drive off. Being dog lovers like you, we just had to pick her up. She had a rough time learning to trust and at first didn't even want to go outside by herself. Even so, she became a loving, loyal, devoted pet and I miss her to this day. (she was very old, too)---can't imagine why someone would dump a dog???

gaigai 06-02-2009 12:55 PM

My sister said she looked in Brandon's bedroom last night and Brandon was sleeping on the floor with the dog!

beachlady 06-02-2009 12:56 PM

That is so sweet. I think I would have invited the dog into my bed though!

MadQuilter 06-02-2009 01:27 PM

What a sad and happy (sappy?) story. I'm glad Paige is going to a new and good "forever" home.

gaigai 06-02-2009 01:28 PM

Beachlady, I think he probably did and she wouldn't do it. I can't begin to describe how traumatized she is. And maybe she wasn't allowed on the furniture in her old home. I'm sure as she becomes more secure she'll be on the bed. Brandon is a kid, he can sleep anywhere! lol

bearpaw 06-02-2009 01:39 PM

I'm so glad you were able to get her and give her to a good home.