Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Happy Mother's Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/happy-mothers-day-t19889.html)

Debra Mc 05-09-2009 06:29 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends near & far. Whether your a mama, mama to be or just a mama to someone else's babies have a wonderful day.

Ninnie 05-09-2009 06:37 AM

Ditto on Happy Mother's Day to Everyone!
Ninnie

sidmona 05-09-2009 07:04 AM

Happy Mother's Day everybody :!: :P

tlrnhi 05-09-2009 07:08 AM

Happy Mothers Day!
We will be headed to Mass in the morning, then out to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. Then home for a relaxing afternoon.

quiltswithdogs 05-09-2009 07:29 AM

Happy Mother's Day from me too!

Becoming a mother was a hard road for me with severe endrometriosis and all the surgeries for it. All ended well however when we became ecstatic parents to 2 baby girls in less than 2 years through successful adoptions. Our daughters are now in their twenties, lovely and delightful, and utterly devoted to us. We've been so blessed by them. Even thinking about them takes my breath away!

I am, in my fifties, still incredibly lucky to still have my own wonderful mom. She's 88 and other than normal age changes, is basically healthier than me. She lives on her own and drives to church, bank, grocery store and is in a hula class at the senior center! She's fun and my sister and I love including her in everything we do.

I'm not a grandma yet... wait--- each daughter has given me the fun of a super little granddog!

Tink's Mom 05-09-2009 08:51 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends on the Forum! I think I will go to the nursury and buy some flowers and hopefully get them all planted...
I bought myself some roses yesterday at Aldi's. $2.99for 6. Thought I might deserve them...........

littlehud 05-09-2009 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by quiltswithdogs
Happy Mother's Day from me too!

Becoming a mother was a hard road for me with severe endrometriosis and all the surgeries for it. All ended well however when we became ecstatic parents to 2 baby girls in less than 2 years through successful adoptions. Our daughters are now in their twenties, lovely and delightful, and utterly devoted to us. We've been so blessed by them. Even thinking about them takes my breath away!

I am, in my fifties, still incredibly lucky to still have my own wonderful mom. She's 88 and other than normal age changes, is basically healthier than me. She lives on her own and drives to church, bank, grocery store and is in a hula class at the senior center! She's fun and my sister and I love including her in everything we do.

I'm not a grandma yet... wait--- each daughter has given me the fun of a super little granddog!

What a wonderful story. Happy Mothers Day. I was grandma to two cats for a long time before my DGD arrived.

littlehud 05-09-2009 10:39 AM

Happy Mothers Day to all. My dear mother is gone and I miss her terribly, but I am still a Mom and grandma. They are still my most important jobs. I love being mom and when I hear "Hi grandma, I love you" it sounds like angels singing to me.

Debra Mc 05-09-2009 10:50 AM

My two grandsons 5 & 2 1/2 live with me. Yesterday I left the house before the baby got up & I guess he missed because when I came home & opened the door he hollered "Grammie" & ran to me with a big hug & a kiss. He doesn't always do this & I was kinda shocked. All those spilled bags of chips, milk & all the other stuff a 2 year old can get into are worth it. They both love me even if they don't alway show it. Grammie is always here & I hope they will remember all the things I taught them. Also yesterday was the mother's day luncheon & the 5 year old made me a sandwich & we had Dirt Cake which he never had & I only got 2 bits. Guess who ate the rest.

Chele 05-09-2009 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

It only blooms for Mother's Day!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33855[/ATTACH]