Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving to Canada - From NC! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/happy-thanksgiving-canada-nc-t300016.html)

SillySusan 10-06-2018 05:40 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to Canada - From NC!

Wishing all y'all in Canada for a very happy Thanksgiving holiday from us in North Carolina, USA! Enjoy! :)

QuiltE 10-06-2018 06:16 AM

Thanks SS ....
I'm just about to start making my offering to take to the dinner tmro with my "adopted" family.

Once done, then, I'm shutting down on domesticity until after the official holiday on Monday.
That'll let me have some quality time of Thanksgiving for my sewing machine! :)

thimblebug6000 10-06-2018 07:22 AM

Thank you! It is so beautiful at this time of year, so as well as eating well and being thankful for our home, I will get out and walk and check out a few pumpkin patches today.

Tartan 10-06-2018 08:04 AM

Thanks, pumpkin pies are baked, ham is in the oven and I am waiting for family to arrive. My mom always baked the pumpkin pies the night before and they were not refrigerated overnight. Opinions seem to be mixed on refrigerate or not refrigerate. What does everyone else do?

QuiltE 10-06-2018 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8138711)
............Opinions seem to be mixed on refrigerate or not refrigerate. What does everyone else do?

For me, unrefrigerated is the best for pumpkin pie.
Even better, if it can be eaten while it is still slightly warm.

I will confess, that I hesitate in trying pumpkin pies.
Some are soooooo delicious .... some recipe combos, are outright ghastly.
Sorry ... for the reality check, but it makes me understand why many do not care for pumpkin pie.

..... and don't forget the fresh whipped cream! :)

My creamed onions are finished for today, and back in the frig.
Then bake tomorrow before taking them for their drive to the gathering! :)

oksewglad 10-06-2018 09:41 AM

Happy Thanksgiving neighbors! This morning when I heard it was Thanksgiving in Canada, I thought of you QuiltE and wondered if you would be going to your family again this year. Have a great day. G

QuiltE 10-06-2018 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8138758)
Happy Thanksgiving neighbors! This morning when I heard it was Thanksgiving in Canada, I thought of you QuiltE and wondered if you would be going to your family again this year. Have a great day. G

Yes for the "adopted" family. :)
Nothing with "the" family!

oksewglad 10-06-2018 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 8138764)
Yes for the "adopted" family. :)
Nothing with "the" family!

Oh I figured that's the way it is. I know you will have a good day!

Moira in N.E. England 10-06-2018 10:54 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!

QuiltE 10-06-2018 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8138776)
Oh I figured that's the way it is. I know you will have a good day!

You bet! ... I'll be with the right group of folks!! :)