Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving Canadian Quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/happy-thanksgiving-canadian-quilters-t202443.html)

Brenda M 10-06-2012 05:58 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Canadian Quilters

Just want to say "Happy Thanksgiving" to my fellow Canadians here on the board.
The turkey is in the oven and the house is starting to smell real good! It's going to be a perfect day...pumpkin pie is ready, turnip casserole is cooking, the trees are absolutely beautiful with all the fall colours and the air feels like fall. This is my favorite time of the year!

Maribeth 10-06-2012 06:06 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you enjoy your Holiday. Your menu sounds delicious.

QuiltE 10-06-2012 06:13 AM

A perfect Thanksgiving Day indeed!

I'm about to start at cleaning and chopping onions for the famed Creamed Onions that are a must-have-tradition with my "adopted" family. Dinner is this evening after some come from the Pumpkin Weigh Off at the Fair! :)

Blessings to you and yours BrendaM for a joyous day together!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Joset 10-06-2012 06:34 AM

Happy thanksgiving you canadian neighbors. wow you are making me hungry.

QuiltnNan 10-06-2012 08:15 AM

have a wonderful celebration, Brenda. i'm envious of the kitchen smells... yummm
and a happy celebration to all of the other Canadian members, too :)

Tartan 10-06-2012 08:22 AM

I am doing my big bird tomorrow. It is still pretty frozen and I will end up running cold water into the cavity tomorrow morning to free up the giblets, again. I put it in the fridge Friday morning but I think I should have started a day earlier. Oh well, it's just family so we will eat when the bird is ready. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!

alwayslearning 10-06-2012 08:26 AM

Many years ago I spent this day with friends in Toronto and then they visited me in the States to celebrate in November. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

mrs. fitz 10-06-2012 11:08 AM

I learn something new every day. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in Canada.

QUILTNMO 10-06-2012 11:58 AM

happy thanksgivinh all hope you have a blessed day

michelled 10-06-2012 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5566042)
I am doing my big bird tomorrow. It is still pretty frozen and I will end up running cold water into the cavity tomorrow morning to free up the giblets, again. I put it in the fridge Friday morning but I think I should have started a day earlier. Oh well, it's just family so we will eat when the bird is ready. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!

I put mine in the sink in cold water the night before and it's usually thawed by morning. Just make sure the water's cold and the plug is in tightly. I tried the fridge method but it takes so much room and it takes sooo long. Never had a problem with anyone getting sick so I'm pretty sure it stays cold enough while thawing!