Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/happy-thanksgiving-t232288.html)

Brenda M 10-12-2013 07:47 AM

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadian quilters. Hope everyone has a great long weekend shared with family and friends and enjoy the great Thanksgiving feast! I can almost smell the turkey and pumpkin pie cooking now...yummy!

Trisher 10-12-2013 08:05 AM

Thank you Brenda M! Turkey dinner number 1 was last night with my little family (11 of us). Turkey dinner number 2 tonight with my extended family (about 40 of us). Turkey leftovers all next week! Pumpkin jelly roll number 2 just ready for the cream cheese filling....
So thankful for so many mercies!

watson's mom 10-12-2013 08:06 AM

I have a 20 lb. turkey and only 6 guests coming, that makes eight of us for dinner. My grandaughter is bringing a ham and lasagna, sweet potatoe casserole and mashed potatoes plus a few other things. We will be eating leftovers for a month but I am sure it will be a fun day. Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadian quilters as well. We have so much to be thankful for.

oops.....forgot the pumpkin pie and the Birthday cake she is also bringing.

QuiltnNan 10-12-2013 09:20 AM

happy thanksgiving to our neighbors. enjoy your holiday :)

Grandma Bonnie 10-12-2013 09:35 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians!!! Enjoy!

CindyA 10-12-2013 10:01 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

QuiltE 10-12-2013 10:46 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone, Too!
And many thanks for the good wishes to the non-Canucks here!! :)

Our Thanksgiving Dinner with my "adopted" family is tomorrow/Sunday night.
I'm about to prep the traditional Creamed Onions that everyone devours!

QUILTNMO 10-12-2013 10:48 AM

Happy thanksgiving to all our friends!!!

Tothill 10-12-2013 08:57 PM

Between reading the Secret Santa thread I have been prepping for our dinner at Mum's house tomorrow. She is cooking the turkey, dressing and will make the gravy. I make the spuds, yams and dessert.

I am trying a new recipe this year. Gingered cream cheese filled pumpkin bundt cake. It smells divine and the trimmings are tasty.

It has been a tough year. I am thankful we are all still together, wish we were all in good health.

callen 10-14-2013 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tothill (Post 6346003)
Between reading the Secret Santa thread I have been prepping for our dinner at Mum's house tomorrow. She is cooking the turkey, dressing and will make the gravy. I make the spuds, yams and dessert.

I am trying a new recipe this year. Gingered cream cheese filled pumpkin bundt cake. It smells divine and the trimmings are tasty.

It has been a tough year. I am thankful we are all still together, wish we were all in good health.

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours & hopes for the "tough times" to be over & that everyone is back to good health.
Enjoy your day together.