Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hard to find good fitting comfortable pants? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hard-find-good-fitting-comfortable-pants-t133630.html)

Joan Dickson 06-28-2011 03:30 AM

I'm having problems finding a simple, comfortable, washable dress. We are going on a cruise and will be gone for about a month and I need some dresses. Jeans are easy for me to find and get a good fit but dresses...I tried Dillard's, didn't like the prices, tried some on sale but they just didn't fit. I have found that sale items are often mis-sized. Bras are another major problem. I'm not large or of a strange size??????

watterstide 06-28-2011 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Joan Wales-Dickson
I'm having problems finding a simple, comfortable, washable dress. We are going on a cruise and will be gone for about a month and I need some dresses. Jeans are easy for me to find and get a good fit but dresses...I tried Dillard's, didn't like the prices, tried some on sale but they just didn't fit. I have found that sale items are often mis-sized. Bras are another major problem. I'm not large or of a strange size??????

QVC susan gravier clothes are very travel friendly. very comfortable too.

Yooper32 06-28-2011 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
get fitted for a bra..you won't be sorry. worth the extra cost to have a great fitting,
and better looking (with your clothes on) bra. around 70 bucks. I was so totally off in size all these years.

so happy you found a great fitting pair of pants/slacks!
save up and get one in ever color and length!

Don't know about your bras, or their price, but I sure do get a kick out of the tag on your avatar. The first time I read it, I just bellered out loud with Ha,Ha's. Where on earth did you find that, if you don't mind sharing.?

watterstide 06-28-2011 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Yooper32

Originally Posted by watterstide
get fitted for a bra..you won't be sorry. worth the extra cost to have a great fitting,
and better looking (with your clothes on) bra. around 70 bucks. I was so totally off in size all these years.

so happy you found a great fitting pair of pants/slacks!
save up and get one in ever color and length!

Don't know about your bras, or their price, but I sure do get a kick out of the tag on your avatar. The first time I read it, I just bellered out loud with Ha,Ha's. Where on earth did you find that, if you don't mind sharing.?

i found it on line..i tried to find the original place/poster,to give them credit, but kept getting bad links..

www.pinterest.com
is one of the places

sandpat 06-28-2011 05:38 AM

Good lookin' pants bella, I'll have to try to find some. I'm a shortie too...its very tiresome to try to find any pants to fit. Actually, the longer shorts look like capri's on me!

watter...I cracked up at your avatar, had to show DH...love it! LOL!

thrums 06-28-2011 06:21 AM

For size 18:

I was in the Detroit area and went to Lord and Taylor's Women's Department and found a really good selection of clothing there (and stylish).

A few years ago I was in a pinch and needed to purhase black slacks in a town where WalMart was my only choice. I was surprise to find a really nice pair of slacks that was made just for me.

Stitchit123 06-28-2011 06:54 AM

Lucky you I just hate shopping for pants I always feel cheated I have to cut at least 6 inches off Its such a waste of fabric and since surgery I can only wear the Hip-Huggers and I gave up finding the elusive comfy bra It's a myth I now wear a good quality mans under shirt that looks like a tank top they fit tight enough and they come in enough colors to go with all my shirts and the best part is for the price of 1 bra I can get 12 under shirts

BellaBoo 06-28-2011 11:11 AM

I went the bra fitting route. The bra was very uncomfortable. The fitter said I'd get use to it as it was much better then the off the rack bras. ?? I didn't want to get use to it. That was ridiculous. I wear sleep bras during the day and when I need support for being in public I just wear two of the sleep bras. Works great for me and I don't have to use to anything. LOL. I'll keep looking for the perfect bra but I doubt I find it.

Jennifer22206 06-28-2011 11:12 AM

I like Fashion Bug for clothes.

MoMoSews 06-28-2011 01:20 PM

AHHHHH! The elusive perfect bra. I don't think they exist. :XD: