Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hard to see a picture/writing online, let me tell you a trick! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hard-see-picture-writing-online-let-me-tell-you-trick-t51397.html)

craftybear 06-26-2010 12:24 AM

If you are looking at a picture or just writing on the screen and you can't read it

hold down on the conrol key plus the plus sign and it will enlarge the screen, keep clicking until you can see it

then to make it smaller again you just hold down the control key with the minus sign

Enjoy!

This is so cool when you want to see a close up look on the quilts etc.

craftybear 06-26-2010 12:26 AM

I hope you enjoy this cool feature!

Lacelady 06-26-2010 12:31 AM

It sounds great, but how will it work on a keyboard without numbers, i.e. laptops and netbooks? I have some numbers in grey writing on my netbook keyboard (and plus and minus) but I have no idea how to make them work. Ancient and computerly challenged!

granny_59 06-26-2010 01:48 AM

GREAT thank you! Not the only thing I dont know about computers.............

craftybear 06-26-2010 02:30 AM

try holding down the control and plus sign at the same time to make the screen bigger

and then hold down the control button and minus sign to make it smaller

Originally Posted by Lacelady
It sounds great, but how will it work on a keyboard without numbers, i.e. laptops and netbooks? I have some numbers in grey writing on my netbook keyboard (and plus and minus) but I have no idea how to make them work. Ancient and computerly challenged!

craftybear 06-26-2010 02:32 AM

Welcome, Waving from Indiana, USA

my ancestors came from Switzerland!

Originally Posted by granny_59
GREAT thank you! Not the only thing I dont know about computers.............

NikkiLu 06-26-2010 03:35 AM

OMG - that is fantastic! I am having trouble with my eyesight and this will really help a lot!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Lacelady 06-26-2010 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
try holding down the control and plus sign at the same time to make the screen bigger

and then hold down the control button and minus sign to make it smaller

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Yeah, it works! Thank you so much - what a great feature - why don't they tell us these things???

MAXIES2 06-26-2010 03:45 AM

Thank you for that great tip, now have you one to remind me how to do it.
K

sheilainoz 06-26-2010 04:06 AM

or you could just hold the control key and use the wheel on you mouse to do the same thing ;)

I used to teach computers ... I think I've probably forgotten more than I remember :)