Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/has-anyone-ever-found-comfortable-bra-t125255.html)

barb55 05-23-2011 05:59 PM

I have tried the Olga bra and it didn't fit well, it kept riding up in the back. I don't think I have ever found a bra that don't ride up in the back. Years ago there was one from Sears and I bought it for years than all of sudden it was gone and I haven't found a good one sense. I think they don't make them to give good support for a D or biger cup.

Nanamoms 05-23-2011 05:59 PM

Every time I find one that fits well and is confortable, the style is discontinued. So back to searching. (sigh)

ontheriver 05-23-2011 06:03 PM

Most comfortable one is the one I don't put on. Save them for "going to town" days.

jaciqltznok 05-23-2011 06:04 PM

let me know...I lost a lot of weight in 18 months and went from what I thought was a 44DDD to a quaint 36H!!!

WTheck is an H???

it means I have more boob than backside the fitting lady said..
what it really means is that I will NEVER find a bra to fit me really well...all the ones they get here "divide" the girls..I tried to tell the lady they are siamese twins and love togetherness..she said NO, they need to be divided...why...she never answered...great...
we only have Dillards here that sometimes will get in a bra to fit me...I fell in love with one...but at $85 I had to say NO....sigh

nativetexan 05-23-2011 06:19 PM

this will probably be moved somewhere soon.
i tend to hate bras. broke my collarbone a few yrs ago and it never healed. now can't keep my left strap up for anything!! drives me nuts.
no white bras. i hate white ones. always wear beige or black. depending on clothing i wear.
riding up on the back. the only way to help that is to wear your bra clipped tightly. then of course it's difficult to breath.

redkimba 05-23-2011 06:24 PM

I keep meaning to get fitted for a bra. I like Vanity Fair, but I need to try a different size due to weight loss.

there are times I like my 1860s corset infinitely better than a modern bra...

KarenR 05-23-2011 06:26 PM

My best fitting bra was when I was 16. It had little love doves on each cup and the size was almost a B. At least it didn't say A. LOL

Marion T 05-23-2011 06:28 PM

Nope. First thing I do when I get back in the house after being out for a while - I rip the damn thing off and change into my "comfy" clothes - loose pants and top, no bra, no stockings.

Antdebby1 05-23-2011 06:36 PM

I have been looking for years for a comfy bra. No such luck. Every bra I get rolls on the sides. I am constantly pulling at the thing.

DogHouseMom 05-23-2011 06:37 PM

I'm cracking up with this thread and nodding so much I must look like a bobble head dog in back car window!!

Well endowed people like me, and clearly some of you, will almost never find the "perfect" bra. I've come to the conclusion they don't exist. They feel great in the dressing room, but the little (Ok, big) suckers are sneaky. They wait until we take them home and wear them an hour before they spring their bag of tricks on our lady friends.

The straps bite into your shoulders so you get a wider padded strap.

The straps slide off your shoulders so you get ones that tighten only to figure out that tight isn't tight enough.

The backs ride up - my personal pet peeve. Being of the large variety coupled with the old variety, gravity has taken over so rehearse your 1st grade lessons on Newton. I'm thiking I might get a pair of suspenders and attach them to the back of my bra and then to my socks - kill two birds with the same stone.

So you get one with a REALLY wide back strap and realize that you preferred breating after all.

The underwire cuts into the arm pits, or worse ... POPS!

Too much padding (why would they pad anything larger than a C cup is beyond me), so you buy a thinner bra.

The thinner bras don't have the support and freely announce cold days to the whole world.

So you find the middle ground - slightly padded, but these are so stiff that when you move around they bunch and bend out making it look like you're actually hiding live aliens in your bra and they're trying to escape.

Then you have the brilliant idea that what our big old gravity stricken girls really need is a sports bra. I have one that has 7 snaps in the front. First I have to bend all the way forward to get the girls tucked in, then I have to snap the bottom snap, then I have to lay down to get the remainder of the snaps snapped but usually what happens is that the bottom snaps comes out ... so back to step 1. Eventually I get in, but stand back when it's time to take that sucker out cause I can put an eye out.

The pretty ones ... oh please. I tried to get one of those push up bras (go back to the gravity lesson) at Victoria Secret and the sales girl tried to talk me into a C cup - probably because they just don't carry sizes greater than anorexic.

When I get home at night and come to the point in the evening when I know I'm no longer going out in public, the bra comes off. Usually while I'm watching TV. Hubby dear loves these moments and as soon as he sees the bra make it's escape from under my shirt he says "thunk ..... thunk". Funny ... I never say that when he takes off his shorts :) (I know - TMI!!!)

Bras. Hate them. Need them. Kinda like jobs.